• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EugeneTheTJ's 2000 XJ Build Thread

Been working on the heep some more the past two days. Installed some JCR nutstrips and got rid of the bent factory ones. (Not so) funny thing is I managed to bend the JCR ones on the passenger side but still managed to get everything buttoned up.

Also, reinstalled the hitch. In the process of all this I broke the **** out of my exhaust hanger clamp so a quick trip to O'Reilly's later and now I got me a shiny new one.

Hopefully everything back there is good now and I don't believe I will have to remove the gas tank heat shield (think the rattles are gone).

An obligatory just pulled out of the garage glamour pose:
20140829_095709_zps5e06c172.jpg

Last edited:
Spring time! No seriously, I installed the replacement leaf packs last weekend. They look much happier...

It gave me some more lift so I may have driveline vibes to deal with. Didn't take it for a test drive afterwards though so I'll just have to wait and see.

IMG_20150329_162451_zpsmusg9dve.jpg

20150329_161918_zpslzmnmrro.jpg

Last edited:
Also since my last activity on here I installed a bluetooth OBDII scanner and I am running the Torque engine diagnostics app. Yesterday I managed to get my hands on a Galaxy Tab 4 which is going be to dedicated for in vehicle overland use. Nailing down the Ram Mount configuration now.

Only issue is now the exhaust pipe u-bolt is slammed against the skid on the left and the pipe is barely touching the shackle bolt on the right.

I am hoping I can play with the hanger enough to get it back where it was but if not I guess I will have to have some new pipe bent back there. Just too much going on in a small area.

Back