• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

El Sheetbox

Re: El Junky

No seriously......post pics!.....ps.....I hate you

suhyvury.jpg

Only pic I got

Dude

I literally told you that would break like last year in reno. I cant believe it lasted this long. Did you ever reinforce it and plate it? looks like a no.

you can jack it up at the frame, get the weight off the leaves, and weld the crap out of that thing and wheel the rest of the weekend.

Did you bring any scrap steel and welding rod?

the good news is, you have the first official XJ rear 3 link with leaf springs, who needs a 4 leaf bolt mounts anyway?

Last edited:

Yep that right! Roll up to their booth. their whole gig down there is just to have a welding booth ready to go for that sort of thing. they will set you straight.

Another crack! :laugh:

Yeah we saw that coming... it was only a matter of time. If you bend that back and weld it, it might get you through the week.

.... or it might not.

Keep wheeling Alan!

El junky got a beating for sure... it saw upper and lower big johnson twice... chocolate thunder twice... and clawhammer once... first few days went fine till we ran chocolate thunder Tuesday... halfway up the trail I got in a tight spot and broke the passanger side rear 44 shaft... and of course once I broke here come 4 4400 buggies to pratice... so me trying not to be a trail tampon I say let's keep going and not 5 feet later I break the drivers side rear shaft... so I end up being a trail tampon till the buggies went by then had to winch to one and get myself out in fwd... we get back to camp amd start ripping the rear apart and like always the shafts break at the spline in the carrier... but this time both sides so you can't hammer them out... we tried for a while and no luck on either side coming out... so I make a few calls and get some parts on the way to get it going... so while waiting on parts my buddies dad somehow gets the broken shafts out! So I threw it back together and kept on wheeling! Today loading on trail I found a few other things... track bar brace is in half... steering box brace is broken... rear bump stop is bent and crushed my exhaust in a bad way... axle seal is dumping fluid and sounds like metal to metal....

Wow

Back