• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

El Sheetbox

Re: El Junky

Well didnt think i was gonna say this but...... the 30 made it without issues at con.... happy it didnt break....

2hhdbtk.jpg

2cwue0w.jpg

2wgzrc2.jpg

thats truly amazing, and a bit reckless. i would have thought at least your steering box or knuckles would have definitely gone out. do you carry spare a steering box and tie rod?

he probably doesnt have to steer as much since he can just go straight over things much easier now....
probably wouldnt hurt to carry spare steering knuckles, and he carries a spare box.

Nice soup bowl poser shot!!

Its funny u say steering box.... i had to replace it when i got home as i had a bit of play in it.... i carry a box and a few sets of tre.... ive been hearing the whole dana 30 blowing up thing since i had 35's.... if it makes it till spring i will throw some 42'sn on it to shut people up....

Its funny u say steering box.... i had to replace it when i got home as i had a bit of play in it.... i carry a box and a few sets of tre.... ive been hearing the whole dana 30 blowing up thing since i had 35's.... if it makes it till spring i will throw some 42'sn on it to shut people up....

I had to put the 30 breaking out there since i get it all the time on the trails. Im on my second set of 39" iroks and its still going ... multiple trips to the con and fordyce, up soup bowl & kitchen, through the box etc, all the winch hills and any other lines to try at fordyce and a trip to the hammers on them. I got tons of shit down there before running trails and tons of disbelief after it held together on the runs. Gusset the c's, truss it, sleeve the tubes and keep from getting bound up.

I had to put the 30 breaking out there since i get it all the time on the trails. Im on my second set of 39" iroks and its still going ... multiple trips to the con and fordyce, up soup bowl & kitchen, through the box etc, all the winch hills and any other lines to try at fordyce and a trip to the hammers on them. I got tons of shit down there before running trails and tons of disbelief after it held together on the runs. Gusset the c's, truss it, sleeve the tubes and keep from getting bound up.

Well u just boosted my confidence... lol... i will be working on a axle this winter and everything u mentoned is planned for this 30... what gears u running?

Well u just boosted my confidence... lol... i will be working on a axle this winter and everything u mentoned is planned for this 30... what gears u running?

Cryo'd spicer 4.56's and a lockrite that rarely unlocks because i doubled the springs in it.

Well havent done much simce con... trying to talk myself into not spending money on my other dana 30... although i got all the metal to truss it for free.... only thing i would buy is the sleeve it kit for it and some nice balljoints...

Well sold the spare 30 and looked at a ball joint 60 today for cheap.... should be able to buy it after christmas.... then a 14b rear of course.... gonna buy the axles and build them over the winter/spring.... havent wheeled in 3 weeks as i got a dd finally so heep is parked.... gonna wheel it tonight so ill post pics tonight....

Well to dark for pics tonight so but got pics from bronco canyon from halloween this year...
2eza4une.jpg
u4a7unar.jpg
ebe8a7eq.jpg
u9uba3y5.jpg

Broke the tre on pitman arm...

if the doors close i wouldnt sweat it . All I did was buy some extra weatherstripping from autozone and trippled up the weather stripping. we will see if it works.

It looks easy because you had her go around the hard part of the beginning of the canyon!

Back