• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

El Sheetbox

Re: El Junky

well a little update.... jeep is still going strong... this past weekend i made it up to the con for the first time this year... and first time on 37's there.... i went with a few buddies with buggies and a 4runner.... had a great trip... only broken parts was my trans mount which was making my rear dl hit the tunnel causen a annoying tapping... cant believe i didnt break more as i was trying to keep up with the buggies which i did good at it i thought... well some newer pics...
this is a pic from the reno run in may...
20l11rs.jpg

this is part of the group at con this last weekend
e0ppxt.jpg

going up caddy...
dvo83m.jpg

i like

that orange buggy is insane, KOH status. And good shi! on the pitman arm man, this was the first trip i didn't bring my spare arm.

con pics

14jro87.jpg

2d1a441.jpg

30l0vmo.jpg

will post more later....
so right after granite bowl i broke a main leaf in half... next day we i ripped the exhaust off before the cat right below spider lake and while i was under there i noticed the rear driver shock was bent like a 45 degree.... haha so moved that outa the way and piping.... today on the way out above caddy axle side track bar bolt broke in half.... haha what a trip

Sounds like a fun trip...any bear encounters this weekend to add to your troubles with breakage?

Sounds like a fun trip...any bear encounters this weekend to add to your troubles with breakage?

a buddy said he saw a cub by loon... two weeks ago i stayed at the springs and had a bear pull the ice chest out of my jeep with us sitting at the fire 20 feet away...

i like it. i love that rig.

a buddy said he saw a cub by loon... two weeks ago i stayed at the springs and had a bear pull the ice chest out of my jeep with us sitting at the fire 20 feet away...

no way . that would scare the living crap out of me. anyone have a sidearm for emergency safety measures?

well update...

fixed tbe exhaust on the heep... that is good to go...
on the con i bent the shock in the rear so it was time to get new ones... i wanted to get more droop out of the rear for a long time so figured now that i needed new shocks this would be a good time to change a few things...

so this weekend i me and shiniboi started to build some relocation boxes for the heep...

driver side to bumpstop
2iu8bk5.jpg

passanger side... still has more droop than this as the shackle is still angled...
i6k1sz.jpg

got this done on saturday... sunday was time to replace the front leaf mounts as i was starting to rip them out from all the mall crawling i do... sorry no pics of them i guess... they are in now and seem legit... so i put in new shocks which i had issues finding cuz of the mounts i have in the rear... found a shock that goes from 17' to 31' and it works perfect... also replaced the leaf packs cuz i was tired of breakign mains... so i made one hell of a pack... haha it has xj mains(cuz i had them laying around) some explorer packs... my add a leafs... which make 6 leafs.... it is a bit stiff for my taste but maybe wont break mains when im loaded on trips...

went to text everything last night and it works great!!! i forgot to put fuel in my rig on bud last night and it was sputtering on bud canyons last waterfall so i had to give it hell and boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

v8mr9v.jpg

FIRST shaft on the 37's and i think it only wen cuz of he 4 foot run at the waterfall i gave it!!!

Go team A! give that 30 hell !

Well got some 39.5/12.5 /17 for el junky... gotta bump stop the rear a tad more then run them...

nq77k2.jpg

2v3sxuv.jpg

23r8i2r.jpg

Back