• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Run June 21st

Gentlemen,
It appears that this is for a Permit in Sequoia National Forest.
What Ranger District is this trail in? Tahoe? Calaveras? El Dorado?

Lodi Jim said:
Gentlemen,
It appears that this is for a Permit in Sequoia National Forest.
What Ranger District is this trail in? Tahoe? Calaveras? El Dorado?

The Fire permit is for California right?

I was told by Scott (Merlin) that it was good for all of California, and he said that it covered the Rubicon (El Dorado Forest) Was he wrong?

Letterman said:
The Fire permit is for California right?

I was told by Scott (Merlin) that it was good for all of California, and he said that it covered the Rubicon (El Dorado Forest) Was he wrong?

Just verified with the Ranger Station and the Permit is good for all National Forest in California :)

I also double checked and the trail is opn from Highway 4 (the side we are going in on). It MIGHT be closed on the 88 side which is fine becasue we are not going that far through.

Mark

SharkXJ said:
Pick up the Fire Permit where ever you can. I think there is a Ranger Station near Arnold. I will get one and really only one person in the group needs one.
There is one just before Avery (which is the town before Arnold) and there is another one just after Dorrington. Both of them are on your right if you are going East.

I now have 3 C/F premits

The permit only need to stay with the person responsible for the fire.
So 1 permit can be passed to whoever is attending the fire.
That's what I understand from above link.

Bring your Mosquitoe repelant. We where on the Con Saturday and Sunday and they where out in mass forces.

I have a permit as well. Anyone going up on Friday? I will be going up from San Bruno (via Martinez) to pick up my brother, then probably just staying on HWY 4 the rest of the way...thinking 6PM start time unless I can bail from work earlier.

Ill be bringing a stack of Sierra Chapter stickers!

See me if you want to buy sum!

(ill be in phil's green junk)

one-for-five-dollah, two-for-eight-dollah!

jeepme said:
Bring your Mosquitoe repelant. We where on the Con Saturday and Sunday and they where out in mass forces.
Good call!
I usually keep a small can in glove box, they'll swarm you up here.
I've camped along Blue Lakes Rd. and woke up to the sound of them trying
to kamikaze through the Jeep.

I'm trying to get out there Fri I would like to fish.

Harlee&Tahoe said:
Good call!
I usually keep a small can in glove box, they'll swarm you up here.
I've camped along Blue Lakes Rd. and woke up to the sound of them trying
to kamikaze through the Jeep.

I'm trying to get out there Fri I would like to fish.

Not to contridict you guys but I have never had a Mosquito problem where we are camping off of Hwy 4. That's one of the reasons I love this camp site - hardly any bugs....

Slick Rock is a different story.

And to answer your Air question
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=957078

Yes :)

SharkXJ said:
Not to contridict you guys but I have never had a Mosquito problem where we are camping off of Hwy 4. That's one of the reasons I love this camp site - hardly any bugs....

Have you ever camped up there in June?
I ask because the mospuito's are bad on the Rubicon in June and the start of July, but by september they are all gone.

Stoked for this run!

Letterman said:
Have you ever camped up there in June?
I ask because the mospuito's are bad on the Rubicon in June and the start of July, but by september they are all gone.

Stoked for this run!

Yup - Been up there as Early as June 1 and as late as September 30th. NEver had a Mosquito Problem. Now that I say that we will probably have aproblem on this trip :rof:

Last time I did Slick Rock there were a couple of sections where we ran into some skeeters.

Either way - it is always good to carry the repelent. I have Mosquito Sticks that work great.

Harlee&Tahoe said:
they'll swarm you up here....I would like to fish.

I believe the closest lake to the parking is called "mosquito lake".
Yes, repellent is a good idea.

SharkXJ and all,

Thanks for putting on this run. I am going to make this run as is my friend, and possibly one other. Right now the two of us are pretty solid on making this. I need to put my rear suspension back in and test it but I should be ready to go. The two of us will be heading down Friday afternoon and I think I read that some people might show up on Friday as well so we'll look for you. We've done these trails every year but it will be nice to meet some of you guys from over the hill. :wave:

DrvOvrIt said:
Count me in for this run as well. Looking forward to the run and meeting some new folks. I'll be coming in from the Reno side and may just meet up at the trail head hwy 4 side saturday morning. I may have a 4 door JK with me on 35's, he's a maybe.

From Reno? If you want to go down with us on Friday you are welcome to join us. Otherwise I guess we'll see you down there...

XJ_ranger said:
(ill be in phil's green junk)

Someone should bring a spray bottle of water. If Opie says anything about "I'm gonna go for it" or "I'm going to hit it", spray him before he get's going. Or, a rolled up newspaper should do the trick.

Back