• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Run June 21st

This is what I got to roll . Here is my cardomain Page , Got Pics Of The Toataled 98 on Page 3 .

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2966911

I am still sorting out the Jeep ,Seems like there are a few too many Creeks and Groans and some popping and banging in the front suspension , But I should have it figured out by the 21st of June . My Boy will be 13 on the 30th So I am hoping to give him some wheel time on the easier sections . Can't think of a better Birthday Gift !!

Last edited:
Trail-Axe said:
Bummer, looked like a nice Jeep. How did ya manage to do that?
It wasnt me ,but my brother inlaw ,Lets just say he had a major brain malfunction. I wont say anything else at this point. Hopefully can he toss a windshield in and run this summer . The Running gear and suspension are fine . He is planning on swapping it to another Jeep at some point I think . It is a shame because his rig was beautiful and pretty much done. Well I saw it happen and I can tell you I will not be making the same mistakes. Rich

Last edited:
GREATWHITEJEEP said:
My Boy will be 13 on the 30th So I am hoping to give him some wheel time on the easier sections . Can't think of a better Birthday Gift !!

Cool idea, will this be his first time?

We'll be trying to make it as well...me, wife and 3 year old. :yelclap:

JoesXJ said:
Cool idea, will this be his first time?

:yelclap:

Yes , We just got the jeep together , Bought it used with 85,000 miles ,but they sold us a lemon. Bad Head with some band-aid fixes. Lasted 3 months before it started to overhaet and show low oil pressure. Oh well . I just put in a 50,000 mile used motor ,and the Pic-N-pull RC 4.5 lift that I got for about $200.00. We have a 600 HP drag car ,but it is no fun for the kids. Raceing it is a huge chore . After a day at the races it feels like work . The Jeep seems like a more family friendly hobby. At least we can drive it on the street and enjoy the outdoors in it. My Boy was a little whinny about going out in it, ya know the I am bored routine. That is until I let him drive!! Last weekend at the lake. Now he is excited about wheeling and that works for me. I cant wait to get out on a real trail , I figure this Deer Valley run should be the perfect outing. Dont think the Jeep or myself is ready for the Rubicon or Fordyce.

GREATWHITEJEEP said:
Yes , We just got the jeep together , Bought it used with 85,000 miles ,but they sold us a lemon. Bad Head with some band-aid fixes. Lasted 3 months before it started to overhaet and show low oil pressure. Oh well . I just put in a 50,000 mile used motor ,and the Pic-N-pull RC 4.5 lift that I got for about $200.00. We have a 600 HP drag car ,but it is no fun for the kids. Raceing it is a huge chore . After a day at the races it feels like work . The Jeep seems like a more family friendly hobby. At least we can drive it on the street and enjoy the outdoors in it. My Boy was a little whinny about going out in it, ya know the I am bored routine. That is until I let him drive!! Last weekend at the lake. Now he is excited about wheeling and that works for me. I cant wait to get out on a real trail , I figure this Deer Valley run should be the perfect outing. Dont think the Jeep or myself is ready for the Rubicon or Fordyce.
You'd be surprised. Supposedly all Jeeps are capable of running the Rubicon stock. Well up until the Trail-Rated badge started showing up.

I plan on making it . Do we have head count? I have at least three , My Jeep, a well equiped Wrangler and another well equiped vehicle ,and possibily the rolled 98 XJ . The Wrangler will be on a Tailer to the trail head . If this group gets to big should we split up ? I am cool either way .Just looking for Good Times this weekend .. I have heard when the groups are too large wheeling sometimes comes to a still. Let me Know , I plan on packing light ,I will have asmall aray of tools , straps , couple come alongs and campimg gear. Rich

This is one that I really wanted to go to. Unfortunately the wife has made previous plans, and already paid for them, that start that same weekend.:tears: I've been wanting to do this trail for awhile now since it looks like a fairly easy trail with some great scenery. Well, maybe someday!?! Hope you all have fun up there.

I really want to come too, so I may come depending on if I finally can get around to my SYE... plus I'd like to have rock rails on before... maybe I'll have my 33's on by this point, but who knows....

Probably wouldn't camp though, my grandpa lives just down the road.

Rob D said:
This is one that I really wanted to go to. Unfortunately the wife has made previous plans, and already paid for them, that start that same weekend.:tears: I've been wanting to do this trail for awhile now since it looks like a fairly easy trail with some great scenery. Well, maybe someday!?! Hope you all have fun up there.

Rod - There is always a chance I will run this trail again later in the season. I will let ya know.

SharkXJ said:
Rod - There is always a chance I will run this trail again later in the season. I will let ya know.

Bump again. Something else I wanted to add.

Here is what I have so far.

YES :cheers:
Ben H.
Opie
XJensen
jcherokeekid
blondejoncherokee
NoCoastFocus
jeepme
kdailey4315
Trail-Axe
DSXJ (Aaron)
10 Rigs - SWEET!!!!

Maybe
Jimbo_1321
Harlee & Tahoe
GREATWHITEJEEP
Solonopotam
JoesXJ
Blacksport96
Tenny

I would like to have a firm headcount by Wednesday June 18th. Gotta buy da eggs and stuff for b-fast.....

To all the Newbies who might be hesitant to join us. Do not hesitate, a big reason I chose this trail is anyone can do it (with the minimum rig requirements). It's hard enough for the more experienced wheeler and it's easy enough for the Newbies. The scenery is also fantastic.

well i wont be able to make it afterall. im taking a class that meets 6 days a week monday through saturday. This sucks, i really wanted to go.

my jeeps still stock...
darn money....
and I just got laid off today.
darn economy...
so needless to say, I'm out

SharkXJ said:
Bump again. Something else I wanted to add.

Here is what I have so far.

YES :cheers:
Ben H.
Opie
XJensen
jcherokeekid
blondejoncherokee
NoCoastFocus
jeepme
kdailey4315
Trail-Axe
DSXJ (Aaron)
10 Rigs - SWEET!!!!
With you I count 11, or are you going passenger?

It is looking like I will make it out with my good friend Saulo, I am not sure if my rig will be ready, it needs some help after last weekend, so I might be passenger.

I don't think we will be camping with the group.

Who's bringing Wife/Girlfriend?
Who's bringing kids?

Still trying to pitch it to my Wife. She doesn't seem as exited as I do and has never camped much.

Harlee&Tahoe said:
Who's bringing Wife/Girlfriend?
Who's bringing kids?

Still trying to pitch it to my Wife. She doesn't seem as exited as I do and has never camped much.

Wish I was bringing the wife and kid. Junior is only two and not quite ready for the camping thing.

I am sure there will be others there. JoesXJ usually brings his wife and daughter.

**Lettermen - Not riding passenger - bringin my rig on this one.

Back