• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Run June 21st

I went up on the Memorial Day weekend and got snowed out of hitting these two trails! My friend in a CJ and I were camped at Spicer Reservoir went to sleep around 2 a.m. and woke up 3 hours later in 4" of snow. Killed me, it was to be my first trip with my 90 XJ! If I can make it, I may have a conflict but will do what I can. These trails are fun, and the scenery awesome. I have been through many times in my last vehicle a full sized 85 Bronco!

Count me in for this run as well. Looking forward to the run and meeting some new folks. I'll be coming in from the Reno side and may just meet up at the trail head hwy 4 side saturday morning. I may have a 4 door JK with me on 35's, he's a maybe.

I tried to check out the trail from Blue Lakes side and still a lot of snow.
Fishing not so good. Caught a few little throw backs.
Crater Lake still snowed in.
Hawkins peak still snowed in as well.

Harlee&Tahoe said:
I tried to check out the trail from Blue Lakes side and still a lot of snow.
Fishing not so good. Caught a few little throw backs.
Crater Lake still snowed in.
Hawkins peak still snowed in as well.

I think we should be ok by June 21st. We are only going to the 2nd Water Crossing. There is about another mile or 2 from that point to Blue Lakes. I believe most of the snow is on the Blue Lakes Side.

One thing I did not mention **Everyone BRING A SHOVEL** :wave:

Ok count me out. I am doing a rubicon trip the weekend before and only have enough gas money for one run a month. :puke: on these stupid gas prices.

jeepme said:
Ok count me out. I am doing a rubicon trip the weekend before and only have enough gas money for one run a month. :puke: on these stupid gas prices.

Cool your doing the Con - Bummer you can't make the trip.

I hear ya on the gas. I have to cut back on other spending so I can have some fun this summer.

Not to mention I am riding shot gun with my buddy for the MOAB run in October. We are going to split gas.

Looks like I will be driving my junk, Saulo and a few others will be with me, but we will not be camping with the group and will catch you all on the trail.

Very stoked for this run! :party:

Letterman said:
Looks like I will be driving my junk, Saulo and a few others will be with me, but we will not be camping with the group and will catch you all on the trail.

I'm wit ju man

SharkXJ said:
Cool your doing the Con - Bummer you can't make the trip.

I hear ya on the gas. I have to cut back on other spending so I can have some fun this summer.

Not to mention I am riding shot gun with my buddy for the MOAB run in October. We are going to split gas.

Ya I dont get to run the Con very often so I jumped on the chance. Gonna have to eat a few top ramon dinners to afford gas but hey, its the Con.

My Wife seems to be warming up to the trip, she wants me to clean it up before we go camping.

So XJ WAS covered in mud top to bottom and even some inside so cheerleader car wash was justified:anon:

I am unable to make it. Jeep's not nearly where I was hoping it would be. Plus I got tickets to the Nascar Savemart 350 free (Suite tickets too!).

Hope everyone has a great time.

Letterman said:

Me too!

Ill be taking the rig with the automatic that doesnt live on the trailer!

I'm stoked as well, the conflict I was concerned about has been resolved. I will be bringing a co-worker/friend along for his first experience crawling/camping. I think he'll be a future Jeeper! Checked the Bear Valley webcam and the snow is really receding quickly, should be an awesome trip, I'm looking forward to meeting some new people that share this common hobby.
Later,
Ed

SharkXJ said:
A couple of things I forgot to add.

I will be cooking Breakfast Burritos on Saturday Morning.

Dinner is open, if you guys want to do a pot luck on Saturday Night lemme know and I can put together a list closer to the date.

Something I thought would be cool to have this year is a desiganted Trail Photographer. We all take a ton of pix but they are rarely of us in our own rigs. So I thought it would be fun to have someone with a digital camera who would be willing to post up at each obsticle and shoot pix and shoot random shots around camp. If I was riding shot gun I would be more than happy to. I did it last year on a trip and it is actually a lot of fun. So if someone on the trip has a buddy, wife or girlfirend riding shot gun who wouldn't mind snapping pix that would be most awesome....

This should be a great time......
I'm in for 3: Me, my wife Brandi(my social dictator:kissyou:), and my 6yr old daughter Madison.

Potluck sounds cool.
Would I have to pick up fire permit in Markleeville?
I have an old coleman stove(kerosene) as well.
How's the fishing?

Harlee&Tahoe said:
I'm in for 3: Me, my wife Brandi(my social dictator:kissyou:), and my 6yr old daughter Madison.

Potluck sounds cool.
Would I have to pick up fire permit in Markleeville?
I have an old coleman stove(kerosene) as well.
How's the fishing?

I will post more about the dinner potluck later next week.

Pick up the Fire Permit where ever you can. I think there is a Ranger Station near Arnold. I will get one and really only one person in the group needs one.

Dunno about the fishing but I hear it is ok at Mosquito Lake.

Look forward to meeting the family :)

Back