• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crossover knuckle?

This is sitting in my basket at rockauto waiting till I know I have time to do it. If you can source the DOM, jam nuts and get someone to tap the threads, you can do the same as the JCR setup for at least half the cost.

What's the issue(s) with the ORO stuff? I have been looking at it again, it seems alright on paper. Bracket looks pretty sturdy, maybe if I could buy the bracket only, then drill for one-ton TREs...

new_steering_fix.jpg

beyond it completely destroying your ackerman, it creates a huge lever on the already weak stock steering arms.

What's the issue(s) with the ORO stuff? I have been looking at it again, it seems alright on paper. Bracket looks pretty sturdy, maybe if I could buy the bracket only, then drill for one-ton TREs...

new_steering_fix.jpg

I may know a guy that can get you brackets.. PM me for details.

beyond it completely destroying your ackerman, it creates a huge lever on the already weak stock steering arms.
Actually.. The newer/current kit, has brackets for BOTH sides. So, steering is parallel. The brackets tie in to the knuckle below, using 2 of the 3 hub bolts.
For what it is, lots of money. But it is a plug n pray kit. I got one of those kits, used, included with an axle I bought last year. Have not done anything with it yet. Plan was to put it on my MJ when swapping to 4WD, but I have a complete WJ axle, and a parts WJ to take parts off, so probably will not be used. WJ brakes > XJ brakes.

I may know a guy that can get you brackets.. PM me for details.

Actually.. The newer/current kit, has brackets for BOTH sides. So, steering is parallel. The brackets tie in to the knuckle below, using 2 of the 3 hub bolts.
For what it is, lots of money. But it is a plug n pray kit. I got one of those kits, used, included with an axle I bought last year. Have not done anything with it yet. Plan was to put it on my MJ when swapping to 4WD, but I have a complete WJ axle, and a parts WJ to take parts off, so probably will not be used. WJ brakes > XJ brakes.

it still ****s the ackerman. and its still a lever on the weak histeer arm.

Back