• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collection of jeep stuff(build/blog)

Sure thing man I'll keep you posted... Might not be until next june or so.

Potentially picking up a D44 from a TJ.. Truss detroit 4.88 riddler cover.

If I do I might contemplate coils in the rear.. Since it's very well set up and looks to be quality build on it. All for 600 obo

Although the simplicity of just burning on some perches is probably more my style lol

It's not much an issue really on penetration lol.... It's zinc in the galvanized sheet metal contaminating the surface. That's why it's cracking around the welds. You can clean as much as possible for what's in front of you on the surface. But nothing you can do about whats been hot dipped in the frame rail. It's a probably a combo of hydrogen embrittlement and liquid metal embrittlement.. The zinc inside uniframe structure trapping hydrogen molecules from the pickling acid used in the galvanizing process.. The zinc or mercury on mating surfaces in the materials results in welding defects which would not have formed in a clean weld and are more susceptible to cracking. Thats a summarized response mmmmk

There's lot of force going towards that mount. You'll find out sooner or later.. It just happens. Cages, frame plating, bumpers, and tieing any and everything in whichever way possible apparently only does so much even still.

It'll be fine. Little weld. Little angle iron to tie in the side and bottom more. Maybe some gussets added to the TB mount ionno.. not too worried right now. Moving onto my dads boat for a bit starting this weekend.. have 3 birthdays in a week including Mariahs 21st.. Con might be the last trip before I am gone for a while but I really wanna try and fit in Fordyce and slick rock before :/

Sucks about those cracks Pat. That's the worst part of owning a Cherokee in my opinion. All this required frame plating for hard wheeling is a pain. Good luck getting it together. Still shooting for Cantina?

Yeee I am.. moving out this weekend. Packing my camping stuff should be easy.

Made some 1/4" gussets for either side of the tb mount. Going to plate with the 3/16" angle over the cracked areas. Also going to throw some 1/8" on the underside of the pass frame rail. And then throw a bit of weld on the tb brace. Not a ton so when I eventually drop my oil pan I can cut it off.. having an ironworker is awesome. These took no time :)

yeah looking good dude

I wonder if it's because the track bar is leaning forward on the axle end and not centered really over the axle if it's causing some binding issue.. or maybe I should be a bit nicer to my wittle 30.. lol

Back