• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collection of jeep stuff(build/blog)

Must've messed up the old seal on passenger side.. it's leaking out the tube a bit..

Guess it's rear it down again.

Noticed my rear brakes aren't working too hot so I'll have to of look into that and bleed/adjust them.

Still no sign of the part for my locker shipping :(

you probably did not mess it up. its normal. might have over filled it, or just happens when you pull the shafts sometimes.

Ah ok I'll hold out for a bit.. makes sense. For some reason that side was being finicky to push the shaft back in. It popped in after some light cohersing. Figured I may have damaged it. It's not very much fluid coming out

Canceled my order with autoplicity those guys are complete bullshit with horrible customer service.

Ordered through summit and they price matched.. feel like an idiot for not checking with them first. Oh well. Should be here tomorrow or Friday

what the hell is autoplicity ?

you know better! use a well known vendor or go summit or Jeggs!

Got the rear locker fixed. Weird the backlash was at like .012 in the rear so tightened it back up to .006.

Rear brakes were non existent .. both sides had some fubar stuff. One side had a snapped braided line to the brake adjuster.

Thinking disc swap soon I hate dealing with drums hah.

Just about set for sf!! Need to pack and buy some beer and food

Getting really excited for this year should be a blast

No opinon on seats, other than sit in them before you buy them.

For harnesses, I've been running the CROWE units for the last 7? years in mine, and while they work, they don't stay tight and give me a real sense of security. (I've rolled plenty, and been protected every time, but I didn't know there was a better alternative until recently)

After sitting in Cal's race jeep at JV last November, I was sold on the Hooker harnesses that he has, with the ratchets built into the lap belt and the spring loaded cams that keep the shoulder portion tight... until I saw they were $500 per seat or $1000/ car.

PRP makes a copy for $275/seat or $550/car that copy the hookers.
http://www.prpseats.com/product/ratcheting-harness/

If even that is too rich, their line of 'standard' harnesses with spring loaded cams on the lap and shoulder belts hold the 'tightened' location that you set them to a lot better than the CROWE / RCI / SIMPSON drag race stuff that is all over ebay and summit racing, and I'd say is well worth the slight price premium.
http://www.prpseats.com/product/5-3-harness/

I re-did the interior of my buggy hoping to have room for the ratcheting style harnesses, but don't. On my list in the short term, though is the harnesses I recommended.

No mater what brand you choose, pick all 5 points. The anti-submarine 5th belt holds the lap belt on the hip bones and prevents it from riding up onto the squishy abdomen body pieces that don't take compression loading nearly as well.

Last edited:
There are lots of vendors on pirate that can get you good deals on seats. From what I have learned from people around here, MAstercraft or PRP is the way to go. If you order both seats, shipping should be the same as they fit in the same box. If you cannot afford both at once, buy one meow and one later. It's a decent amount of cash for good seats, but they will last and you will be happy.

On the seats, go mastercraft R/S. I know they are a little more than some, but they are just as comfy, and actually fit. The seats are slightly narrower.

I was warned, but didn't think much of it and went Corbeau and had to trim the plastic trim down by the floor where the seat belt goes in on my 98. I can post a pic if you like.

I don't mind that I had to trim it and the seats are amazingly comfy (I have a bad back from a knee injury among other things) and they made all the difference!

Hindsight I would have rather spent the extra couple hundred and not had to cut up my trim

Suspension seat recommendations? Harness recommendations? Seats must recline

Really like Jon twinhaulers seats but they are pretty damn pricey

I missed the parts where you want seats to recline.

That is a very expensive prospect. You're better off building a bracket that lets you move it how you want, or making out with the girl in the tow rig instead of in the jeep. ;)

PRP makes a copy for $275/seat or $550/car that copy the hookers.
http://www.prpseats.com/product/ratcheting-harness/

If even that is too rich, their line of 'standard' harnesses with spring loaded cams on the lap and shoulder belts hold the 'tightened' location that you set them to a lot better than the CROWE / RCI / SIMPSON drag race stuff that is all over ebay and summit racing, and I'd say is well worth the slight price premium.
http://www.prpseats.com/product/5-3-harness/

If you order the PRP's, they do a thing where they fold the 3" shoulder strap over to 2", and sew it down that way. IIRC they call it the 'hans mod' as they do it to fit correctly into a HANS device.

3" shoulder straps on a smaller person can chafe your neck. Ask them about the pros and cons and consider 2" at the neckline.

Make sure you go 5 point. Dont go 4 point it is for rice cars because if you hit something you will slide down in your seat and break various body parts. There is a reason why race cars have a minimum of 5point

Thanks guys for responses. Xjranger basically said exactly as cal told me on the phone. I'll be going 5 points from prp and most likely the mastercraft rubicons. I might not get them anytime soon as I'll be leaving for school for a long while won't be back until about June.

Hopefully run slick rock and fordyce before I leave my baby behind :)

I missed the parts where you want seats to recline.

That is a very expensive prospect. You're better off building a bracket that lets you move it how you want, or making out with the girl in the tow rig instead of in the jeep. ;)

The only issue is the dog :/ somewhat need it to fold forward because when we are loaded down it's difficult getting him in and out..
2 door problems

Back