• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collection of jeep stuff(build/blog)

Gah have so much to do to both jeeps. Ones still dead parked on the street. Sf coming up still need to do front gears fix the muffler, build a tire carrier and make it pretty again. Moving the end of this month .. feeling overwhelmed but going to be busting ass to get it done to wheel with my buds.

I need a co pilot for SF . and ill let you drive a little if you co pilot. Just an idea.

Someone to let you know if the highway is rapidly approaching from their side of the car? ;)

Lol!

Well maybe just for the trails and not for the ride up then!

Put a couple hours into building the carrier today. 1.5"x3"x1/8". Ruffstuff spindle... Thing is fuggin beef.
I bought 15' of it for $30 and used about 11'.

Still need to cut off my old tire plate and weld it. Cap the ends. Put a bumpstop and figure out the latch.. can I get some pics/opinions on your latch ideas?

Definitely need to beef up some mounting on the bumper for this as well. The steel only weighs 33lbs and my tire weighs somewhere around 80-90

Could I mount the latch vertically and just have a rubber bump stop? Or should I try and make something for it to be pulled towards the hatch?

Back