• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

collection of jeep stuff(build/blog)

Anybody in south bay able to help me reassemble the 30?
got a carrier from seal and some setup bearings from twinhauler .. cal set me up with some fresh bearings and shims..
very appreciative of this community.. amazing how generous people can be.

If nobody's able to help me out.. (shooting for Saturday) I am just gonna try my best on my own. I think I can.

Depending what time I am done loading up I can come help. I'm no expert but I have an idea

Anybody in south bay able to help me reassemble the 30?
got a carrier from seal and some setup bearings from twinhauler .. cal set me up with some fresh bearings and shims..
very appreciative of this community.. amazing how generous people can be.

If nobody's able to help me out.. (shooting for Saturday) I am just gonna try my best on my own. I think I can.

I would start by using the shims from the old carrier. That should get you close. Remember to put them back onto the same side fo the carrier they came off. Then adjust for proper backlash and pre-load.

If you where closer i have a dial indicator , 20 ton press, inch poind torque wrench, 300 lb torque wrench, digital micrometers you could use. What day are you doing this ? I miggt be driving through santa cruz this week...maybe for some hangout times with Lisa

Press would work the best. Or freeze carrier and warm bearing in oven and get them on. I hear that works. Might have to still hammer them a little bit. Let me know when your gonna be in campbell area so you can grab the set-up bearings and those ball joints

So how did it go Patrick? Get it all put back together?

Slapped the carrier in for a trial run. .. .032 backlash lol

Carrier was fairly difficult to get out so I think I have nearly the right amount of preload. Just need to mess with the shims. Have to pull the original bearings and use the setups provided from twin hauler. Hopefully that doesn't mess with my readings too much.

Ordered the ruffstuff spindle and a latch off Amazon. Tire carrier should be am easy one to do.

On a side note... My housing got a bit chewed up. Might have to dremel it smooth or something to get a seal in.

Which latch?

Last edited:
Back