• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinaman Gultch, 4-30-17

Sorry we had to take off early on you guys, promised our wife's we'd be home on time

:eek: :eek: :eek: :thumbup:

We ran late due to Weston breaking his draglink.

Other than that, Weston's rocker, Eric's leafspring, and Eric's driveshat it was a badass run! :laugh:

Holy cow, glad everybody got off the trail.

Yeah, I wanted to beat any potential Denver traffic having to go another hour north. It was a great weekend for Jessica and I. The little jeep did great too.

Holy cow, glad everybody got off the trail.

Yeah, I wanted to beat any potential Denver traffic having to go another hour north. It was a great weekend for Jessica and I. The little jeep did great too.

For sure. Great seeing you! :cheers:

We actuyally had to leave Weston's rig on the trail :( Nobody had a draglink and we were running out of daylight quick.

I ate too many donuts...

But I had a great time!

:laugh:

Great meeting you!

Wish I would've known that. He could've taken mine once it was loaded.

His g/f lives close enough I'm sure they'll get it taken care of tomorrow. Hell, why didn't he just take Eric's?

You know that would have made sense ...I trailered Eric's jeep back to leadville so could have pulled it and used it ...He did go home with his chick and has tomorrow off and is going to fix it tomorrow .

And after returning to load my rig and head home no one else was on trail or trail head at 1930

Last edited:
Hmm, I bet he did it on purpose. Just an excuse to spend another night with his girlfriend

I bet carquest in bv had one.

They called a few places close and no one had one.

His g/f lives close enough I'm sure they'll get it taken care of tomorrow. Hell, why didn't he just take Eric's?

They bounced that around but I think between Eric having a bad day they just decided to come back the next day.

An unfortunate part of wheeling. That's where having CB's and radios come handy. If we could've talked between the front and rear of the groups we could have possibly come up with another solution. IE, once David and I got off the trail I could've loaded my Jeep up and had David run my drag link to him. Hind sight being 20/20 of course.

Wow! There is a trip report in here, somewhere...

An unfortunate part of wheeling. That's where having CB's and radios come handy. If we could've talked between the front and rear of the groups we could have possibly come up with another solution. IE, once David and I got off the trail I could've loaded my Jeep up and had David run my drag link to him. Hind sight being 20/20 of course.

It's only a group when the vehicles stay in a group .

In all honesty we waited after every "obstacle" or potential wrong turn for the group to catch back up. Once everybody was done at the Garden we headed to Whale Tail. David's dad made at least 4 attempts at the hard line before David made 2 attempts, walking up on the second. I then went up the far right line in my Jeep. By that time the Toyota Pickup and Trippled showed up to Whale Tail. They got over it, David and I pulled our rigs way up to make room for the rest of the group, walked back, and there wasn't a sign of anybody else. With nothing but a fairly smooth sandy road between the garden and Whale Tail we were a bit confused. Trippled and the Toyota guys didn't know of anything wrong other than Weston denting his rocker so after a few more minutes David and I made the decision to keep going so we could get loaded up an home at a decent time.

Admittedly I run trails fairly fast and I myself don't have a CB in my Jeep yet. So yeah, its my own fault I didn't have communication with the rest of the group. That said I am open/open, stock gears, and on at least 50% worn 33's with it being only my 2nd time ever (first time was in 2014 with my JK) on that trail. I also had never wheeled that XJ before or gone wheeling at all since 2015. Its not like I was setting a trail record for fastest time through the loop. Had I been able to talk to the guys in the back and known what was going on we would have done things differently, but at the same time when you have a group of 11 rigs its not like the 2 extra's peeling away made much of a difference.

Last edited:
Back