• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinaman Gultch, 4-30-17

That's my dilemma. I can't replace my truck with anything for the price I paid. I also know that ratings aside once I get setup how I want my truck will still be the better option. Eventually I want a slide in camper and still be able to tow the Jeep. At the same time though the new F-150 and even the other 1/2 ton truck options are really tempting. While my truck isn't lacking in creature comforts the new trucks are pretty damn luxurious by comparison. And the 1/2 tons obviously ride better, plus you don't have to shut them off at the drive thru when ordering a cheeseburger.

I wanted to go with an early 2000s chevy or dodge 3/4 ton diesel but my wife wasn't having it. In a way she was the reason I got the tundra. She loves how comfy it is.

i too have thought about getting out of the diesel and into an ecoboost. but the diesel is paid for so i'll keep rocking it for now. also you guys have fun wheeling this weekend. i'm going to pass since i have an open buggy and don't feel like being soaked and freezing all weekend.

Worked on the rig all day I ended up putting the stock fuel line back in because I calle the shop to see if they had the fitting I needed but got messaging for call back and they did call back and I never heard the phone over the work , so will pick that up from on track monday will also see if they carry some groover blades ...Got Two mild burst of flurries then nothing ,so around 1600 I put my welder away and all the doors back on and made a trip to the store and it started snowing while at the store and by the time I got home around 1800 My trailer deck had about 4 inches of snow on.it...lol...and it was a full.blizzard , so all the crap on the deck like scrap metal is invisible. It is still.a fibe Blizzard out here in the Bailey area and forecasted to.keep snowing into tomorrow , So big snow and no trailer...lol...not going to make Carnage , but.should be able get the trailer de-crapped tomorrow in daylight even if still snowing and get the war rig loaded For Sunday ...The.only time the weatherman is dead to nutz accurate is when you don't want him to be ...lol

Yeah, this late spring storm is BS. Luckily I got the bumper painted and back into the garage just in time.

All loaded up and ready to go. BV, here we come.
64D0C3B7-4219-4CC6-BBE7-CF952DF49754_zpsoiwhkuzp.jpg

To anyone going up today - can you PM me the status of roads/weather if you have service up there? I'd like to update the folks from social media.

I am still planning on coming so I will see you guys at the trail head at 10:00 and hopefully there's an open shot gun seat. :looser::laugh:

Yeah, this late spring storm is BS. Luckily I got the bumper painted and back into the garage just in time.

All loaded up and ready to go. BV, here we come.
64D0C3B7-4219-4CC6-BBE7-CF952DF49754_zpsoiwhkuzp.jpg

Shyt You got a dusting we got full winter blizzard...going to have to plow and sand the main road running from the house to the paved road....lol...12% grade with a 90° bend and truck swallowing ditches then a nice 40ft drop off the hillside . The road out listed "less than county quality"'so that means the county don't plow it.

Unlimitedmatt and I made it up last night. Roads were plowed but still slick.

2 guys just passed our camp, going to run Carnage.

Unlimitedmatt and I made it up last night. Roads were plowed but still slick.

2 guys just passed our camp, going to run Carnage.

:thumbup:

Question from facebook:

Scale of 1 to 10 how difficult is this trail and would a 2 in lift and 31s on a jk be enough to tackle this? Looking to play in the snow

I think the answer would be a yes but want to verify if someone with experience on this trail would let me know an hopefully we'll get another noobie!

Had my trailer not been buried I would have made the trip , but at 20:00 in a blizzard I just did not have the motivation for the fight ...Not sure what it's like out on the roads since I live in Harris park not actually the town of Bailey this is a couple miles further in than Slaughterhouse and it gets substantially more snow than just 7 miles out on 285 ...be a blizzard back here and only wet out there ...anyway going to groove my tires with my angle grinder and load up for Sunday ...A bit disappointed , but ...lol...I have no job and the hustle for this weekend got me trail ready , so I can go to BV any day for next couple weeks before I join the dead people again and get a job .

cleared trailer. grooved 4 44s and ran out of day light ...pulled trlr out into road to load so I could face away from neighbors house when making daylight with.the bars ...after loading inspected tires and lights realized I never rewired my park lams so after dark will just run the jeeps tail lights and before I roll in the morning I need to change a trailer tire got a slice in a side wall ....wish I hit Carnage but , hey it's been 2 .5 years since last rub ,which was carnage in the rain...

You know even using an angle grinder it takes forever to groove that much rubber...That job would take all week in 25 degree weather with my Ideal tire groover .

Never had time to get them off the bead locks...I could bring them and in free time dismount them and next time you get down here get me the bead locks back .
Or the "parts train" gets those bead locks back.

You know even using an angle grinder it takes forever to groove that much rubber...That job would take all week in 25 degree weather with my Ideal tire groover .
That reminds me of a story from one of my former co-workers: After third break, they found a "new guy" trying to cut plywood with an angle grinder. First thing they noticed was "a lot of smoke"... :wow:

Back