• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage on the 'con.

Rubicon run

Jes, I'll check into your fan Mon. or Tues. & drop you a line here. Ruth and I are looking forward to the Swamp lake run. Getting some odds &ends done to the jeep before then hopefully. Been busy as sh*t lately. Andy, how's that area for doing some plunking? Would like to do a few rounds if we can. (I also adjusted the emergency brake cables Andy so you won't have to dodge the rearward inbound flak this time, says Robb looking very sheepishly...) Take care all, speak with you soon.

Ya, there should be plenty of opportunities for plinkin. I guess that area is supposed to provide some excellent deer hunting opportunities. Lemme do some research on the topic!

Lu

alrighty...

Hey Lupy! I was just going to shoot some old cans but hey, if Bambi is game, so am I! Love those fuzzy little targets! Maybe after a jug or two of Franzia we might just drag a little venison into camp? I was planning on tossing a couple inflatable kayaks in the jeep, maybe some water skiing after we thin out the forest of anything edible. Can't wait for the games to begin! Booze, guns and boats, gotta be a good time!

Nuthin's open in July...

...but I'm always up fer some plinkin! What's that you say about canoeing? We need to catch some fish this time, and I mean it-NO EXCUSES. :wink: Dude, Ruth's comin!??! RIGHT ON. The sooner she's initiated into wheelin', tha better. If it makes her feel any better, I was totally against it at the beginning...nuthin sounded worse than spending all day watchin Crash drive ever. So. Slowly. Down the trail...but now? Shore is fun watchin him bend sheet metal. Really helps that he doesn't care one whit what he does to his XJ, so long as it makes it outta tha trail.

well then a fishin' we will go. These are inflatable kayaks so becareful with da' hooks or u be swimmin' in. Yes "goofy ruthy" is saddlin' up this time. Told her it was a paved 2 lane with no ruts or hills. All smooth sailin. No flippy over. We are really looking forward to it. I've been chompin' at the bit to get back to the Rubicon, and Swamp lake sounds like our kinda scenery as well. Hey Mr. Crashomatic, called Warn today and got some #'s for the axle seal. Appreciate the info. Surprised there were no fish in it when we got back though. Sounds like I better get my feeshin' license for the trip. Can't wait. Jes I should have some info on your fan clutch tuesday. See ya.

A few more pics...
[img:c602e34f07]http://home.earthlink.net/~jdrios/AA_7984_003.jpg[/img:c602e34f07]
[img:c602e34f07]http://home.earthlink.net/~jdrios/AA_7984_004.jpg[/img:c602e34f07]
[img:c602e34f07]http://home.earthlink.net/~jdrios/AA_7984_005.jpg[/img:c602e34f07]

Jes

Nice.....Is your junk ready for more carnage?

CRASH

K9-

Ya, the Rubicon really does a number on ya, don't it? You *know* you're addicted when you start dreaming about it....ZZZzzz....box....ZZZzzz...sluice...Zzzzz....soup bowl... :shock: Lemme know when you and Ruthie can make a trip, looks like Crash and I plan to head up the hill the weekend of the 9th, I still wanna see how the fishin is off that center island, and I'm not real keen on trying to make it with one hand in the air gripping my pole....uhhh...or whatever. So kayaks sound good. I'm hitting the lovely state of Ohio for a week or so (they like thar fireworks) so the 9th will be the earliest I can head out there.

Lu

howdy ho, hey Jes your fan clutch is $70 at my cost. That's for a 95'. Was that the correct year? Crasher guy, I just found out Warn's seal is only for their shaft and won't fit the stock inners I have. My $8 seal fix just jumped to $250 to get their inner axle so the seal will fit. What a stinker. I've got several things to get ironed out yet, and we are moving this weekend, so getting bumpers, skidplates, axles, cb install. etc....is going to be tight time wise. Plus no 220 to run the welder in the new shop, jeep repairs will be slow. We may show up at Swamp lake with a rental Yugo, and just air WAY down and drink many, many margargitas! Lupy, have a good time in Ohio. Just remember to not get too close the Roman candles with the flammable adult beverages! Jes drop a line here and let me know if you want the fan clutch, if that's the right one. OK, time to get packing. Later all.

Hmmm...

...the "el-cheapo" brand fan clutch is looking more tempting.
You gotta make Swamp, you don't want to be known as a flake like someone I know do you. :wink: :D

Jes

We'll absolutely make swamp. Just be a little squeezed to get everything done by then, but we'll certainly be better prepared then when Steve and I hit the Rubicon. Did your rear axle quit making noise? Fortunately the water in the front didn't seem to hurt it for mine. Let me know if ya need the fan thingy. Later.

Back