• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Call to arms! (Pit crew, 2013 King of the Hammers)

Matty and I have offered to run a pit. Unfortunately Matty will be deported right after the race weekend, so if any of you want to say goodbye to him, that will be your last chance.
Yes, INS has caught up with him and they have decided that Salt Lake City is where he belongs.
:D

Ive never been to johnson valley/koh and im curious about a few things-

-whats the food situation gonna be like? im sure there will be vendors but im assuming i should bring food for myself. i plan on being out there for the whole event and eating strictly from vendors might get expensive
-how close/far will we be to civilization? in case i run out of food/gas/money or anything?
-and there will be some kind of bathrooms there ya? haha

thanks. sorry for the dumbness lol just wanna make sure

For food, bring whatever you need to survive for as long as you will be out there.
Yes, there is food available for purchase. Last year there was a hotdog/hamburger vendor and a coffee trailer. It does get expensive and they may not be open when you are hungry or thirsty.

Civilization is Landers for gas and a minimart, and Yucca Valley for big stores and auto parts. Use "King of the Hammers" as a location in GoogleMaps and you can see the distances.

There are portapotties in several areas around Hammertown. The company that services them does the best they can under the circumstances but theres no guarantee that the people before you had any amount of decency when they relieved themselves. They are hit and miss. Id at least bring your own supplies, rv tp and some cleaning wipes could save yer ass. :moon:

k.

Ive never been to johnson valley/koh and im curious about a few things-

-whats the food situation gonna be like? im sure there will be vendors but im assuming i should bring food for myself. i plan on being out there for the whole event and eating strictly from vendors might get expensive
-how close/far will we be to civilization? in case i run out of food/gas/money or anything?
-and there will be some kind of bathrooms there ya? haha

thanks. sorry for the dumbness lol just wanna make sure

Lucerne Valley and Landers are the closest places to get gas and groceries

Any chance you guys need a brown guy at any of the pits? I've already asked for thursday/ friday off. Planning on getting there Weds in the afternoon.

Any chance you guys need a brown guy at any of the pits? I've already asked for thursday/ friday off. Planning on getting there Weds in the afternoon.

There's no law to cut, but if you bring your leaf blower, you can keep the sand off of the tarps. ;)

Alright thanks!

Any Chance for some wheeling while we are there?

Lot's of wheeling, and lot's of people out there to wheel as well as watch the race.

Richard G

Back