• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage construction

@Phil, I guess maybe?
Maybe.
I did have another beer.

"Guessing is the foundation for fabrication!
I guess I'll have another beer now"

Thanx!!! I agree.

Guessing is the foundation for fabrication!
I guess I'll have another beer now.

:cheers:

I'll have a beer too. Cheers bud.
And take your sweet time on that buggy.:laugh3:

2011-10-29_13-22-24_534.jpg

2011-10-29_13-21-58_912.jpg

I anticipate those upper panels lasting just long enough to take some pictures.

one quick question, Have you tested any of the systems??? like, oh..... i dont know, does it run??? will the cooling system work?? Will the Fuel system work?? does it work electrically??? Looks good though, just wondering if it works too....

2011-10-29_13-22-24_534.jpg

2011-10-29_13-21-58_912.jpg

I anticipate those upper panels lasting just long enough to take some pictures.
i am wondering why you chose aluminum for the boat sides?? they will gouge and drag more than steel would on rocks, with the steel being harder it would slide better. LOOKS awesome but how long will they last once you start wheeling it?

one quick question, Have you tested any of the systems??? like, oh..... i dont know, does it run??? will the cooling system work?? Will the Fuel system work?? does it work electrically??? Looks good though, just wondering if it works too....

I have no idea......yet.

As far as the boatsides go, I'll try light weight first, if that doesn't work, I'll find something else.

Skin the aluminum with uhmw polyethylene. Slick and light.

That was the original thought but I have not found a supply near here.

The whole project has to be taken out of the valley for plumbing work (brakes, oil lines etc.) because there just isn't any way of getting all I need locally. When I take it to Santee (friends house) I'll be near more supply houses. I still need to get drive shafts built too.
It will be at that time when I can start it up and find all the problems!

That was the original thought but I have not found a supply near here.

The whole project has to be taken out of the valley for plumbing work (brakes, oil lines etc.) because there just isn't any way of getting all I need locally. When I take it to Santee (friends house) I'll be near more supply houses. I still need to get drive shafts built too.
It will be at that time when I can start it up and find all the problems!

Who needs local supply shops when u got brown?

Who needs local supply shops when u got brown?

To this point Brown has delivered almost all the parts, the problem is trying to figure out all the misc. fittings and lengths of hoses/lines that you need.
We will probably be running AN fittings with braided lines for most everything.
I've learned that the best way to do that, it has a local shop that is open!
My friend in Santee is a hot rodder and is completely anal about fittings and lines. Just the kind of person I am not. Perfect for the job!

i tried looking back through all 48 pages but i couldn't find it..... what is the frame sleeved with and how is the rear suspension crossmember attached to it?

Back