• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt-on accessories jungles on jeep! why??

do tell the use of a tach in an auto...

Same reason you want one with a stick. If you're used to your car you don't use your tach to tell you when to shift. :D

I like to know what my engines doing.

Do tell me the use of idiot lights in your car...

Last edited:
Same reason you want one with a stick. If you're used to your car you don't use your tach to tell you when to shift. :D

I like to know what my engines doing.

Do tell me the use of idiot lights in your car...
depends on which car. i used to use the hyundais as interior lights, the jeep... idk if they work. and the vettes... well when those go on... its a bad day

Oh,... rice,... Rice.

The race truck has a tach. It's one of those big 6" jobs too. Mounted on the upper left side of the wheel. It has that obnoxious shift light thingy on the side of it too. And an automatic.
Derrick uses it mainly when he's manual shifting in silt.

Why dont you just keep your eye's on the F*cking road and dont pay attention to my jeep!

Seriously, you really had to come on here and bitch about this? Get a life you douch!

i wonder if the OP ever thought that maybe, just MAYBE the person with all that "jungle" on their jeep is actualy LIVING OUT OF IT?
i mean come on, we all know how bad the economy is now. i can say that if it wasnt for being able to camp out most of this past summer we woulda been living in the jeep.

so just because YOU dont liek what SOMEONE ELSE has on their jeep, don't mean you can tell them to take it off "just incase it might get stolen".
get over it.

i'm actualy in the market for one of those HUGE racks, the stock rack is falling apart (pulling out of the roof, well nuts are dry-rotted)
as for leaving the spare at home? what spare? it's already on the jeep since i had a flat! (so now i need to get another full-sized spare)

Last edited:
I'm always in the market for a huge rack.

Couple weeks ago I saw a stock Jeep Liberty with BFG AT KOs, a huge roof rack, something like 2 five gallon jerry cans and a water tank on the rack, high lift and shovel on the sides, and a big Warn sticker on the back window. Something like that just screams Mall Rated to me.
I found a picture of it on my phone!
ATT00031.jpg

I bet he feels good knowing he could own that curb in front of him at any time.

I'ts a good idea to bring some stuff, but I agree it's a little much to always have 7 axes/ fuel cans, etc.

To the OP- What ever jeep you see with this stuff probably isn't yours... so don't worry about it. :)

I found a picture of it on my phone!
ATT00031.jpg

This. This.

I didnt forgot about you guys...

I dont know why you guys think that Im saying something like need to get your quater panel armor off, skid plates off, etc, thats too overkill! I am more targeted to these who have something similar to that pic above. get stuff off it if its easy to remove (and if you have room for it :dunno:)

Again, if its trail rig or at least on the trails, I wont EVEN "rant" about it because it may be useful on the trial.

Starboardm- exactly if there's any problem, give the tow company a call. I'd prefer to replace a axleshaft at home than playing game with the traffic where I am waiting for no cars coming so I can slide in the spare axle shaft in without a car coming and break my only spare axle shaft thats sticking out on the road :passgas::D

Again, my point dont necessary to mean to get everything off the jeep, just get the obviously stuff off such as hi-lift jack, roof rack, 200lb tool box, etc. if you have room to put them :shhh:

do tell the use of a tach in an auto...
Lets me know when I should push the pedal ever-so-slightly more to get the torque converter to lock automatically :dunno:

Also, lets me keep the engine at ~2500rpm.

Again, if its A trail rig or at least on the trails, I wont EVEN "rant" about it because it may be useful on the trial.

Starboardm- exactly if there's any problem, give the tow company a call. I'd prefer to replace a axleshaft at home than playing game with the traffic where I am waiting for no cars coming so I can slide in the spare axle shaft in without a car coming and break my only spare axle shaft thats sticking out on the road :passgas::D

Again, my point dont necessary to mean to get everything off the jeep, just get the obviously stuff off such as hi-lift jack, roof rack, 200lb tool box, etc. if you have room to put them :shhh:

so what you're sayin is IF, for what ever reason you want to add here, you think you won't NEED some of the usefull tools in your rig on a daily basis, store them where ever you can?:dunno:

well as for your "callin a tow" when ya break down & not wanting to deal with the on-coming traffic, try breaking down in a cattle shoot during rush hour in the fast lane!!! been there done that! had no CHOISE but to run across the busy highway to grab my rear drive shaft that came off:scared:, get under the ramcharger, remove the rest of it, put it in 4-hi & finish goin home.:flamemad:

as for removing mjy 200# tool box, naw, i'll keep it in the jeep just in case i need it.:yelclap:

its your jeep, your decision what you want to do with it including with whats on and in it.

I just want to "rant" to let the cat out of the box.

Back