• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blind Google anyone?

If you hold your mouse over "google" it says "Happy Birthday Louis Braille!"

So it's safe to assume that is the reason, and not a prank.

Kinda cool!

Erik

Trailbst said:

Kinda cool!

Erik
and if you click on the brail google logo, it will google louis braille for you :lecture:

That goes right along with the brail markings on the driveup teller and cash machines and the brail keys on the gas pumps.....

speaking of which in a previous job as a manager for a large chain of eyeglass store (remember eyeglasses), we were opening a new store and were going through the punch down list with the GC and the county building a inspector. We got through most of the inspection/punch down and then got to the employee restrooms. The Builing inspector asked where our braile sign was for the outside of the restroom. I asked him if he was serious about needed a braile sign for the EMPLOYEE restroom as no employee at an eyeglass store would ever be blind. He looked at me as though I had just spoken a foreign language and then told me that all doors most a braile sign and we would not be able to open until we did. Our tax dollars at work again.

Trailbst said:

Kinda cool!

Erik

That is really cool. Run your fingers over it; it says the same thing. It must have taken a few lines of code to pull that off. If it was a hack they wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to make it 3D.

Bent said:
That is really cool. Run your fingers over it; it says the same thing. It must have taken a few lines of code to pull that off. If it was a hack they wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to make it 3D.
I was going to say, how many people do you think tried to feel the screen?

I know I got a couple of my classmates to do it :laugh3:

Back