• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barstow night race July 19th

What we need is video of craigs monster. He has the 2.5 foas remember.

tcm glx said:
What we need is video of craigs monster. He has the 2.5 foas remember.

Taking the camera and video I promised billy some good footage of all of us !!

Hey Jim you working why no go ???

Packed up....now just go run some errands with the wifey and baby, and off I go after!

BajaCurt: sent you a PM, hopefully you get it, if not I will see ya at MCD at 15x138 at 4pm hopefully you all dont drive 75...lol my 4.56s might not be able to keep up.see ya

Just got done putting all my race stickers on the windows.
Gary pm rec'd and replied to.
Darn Tony you must need to run ALOT of errands if you left at 11:00 and we are meeting at 4:00. Gotta luv honeydo's...well kinda as long as it gets you out of the house and allows you to go to desert races!!
Craig you alive today or probably just doing that final prep.
See you guys there.

BajaCurt said:
Just got done putting all my race stickers on the windows.
Gary pm rec'd and replied to.
Darn Tony you must need to run ALOT of errands if you left at 11:00 and we are meeting at 4:00. Gotta luv honeydo's...well kinda as long as it gets you out of the house and allows you to go to desert races!!
Craig you alive today or probably just doing that final prep.
See you guys there.

Enough honeydo to keep the wifey smiley, afterall, we still have nxt weekend. I talked to craig earlier and he is good to go. Also, slimsxj is joining us too.

Man I'm excited to get out to a race. Good stuff!

Well what started out as nightmare ended up being, fun as hell. So everything is going smooth on the way up to meet everyone at MC D's and all the sudden I loose all power to the heep. So I pull over to the side thinking its the heat problem that i have been trying to figure out. Let it cool down crank it nothing. SHIT!!! As me and Dave are going through everything The King Of Bling Rolls by and pulls over haha. So were all trying to figure out why its not starting, bout 5 minutes later Curt rolls by and pulls over so we all are pulled over to the side trying everything we all can think of to get her started, pouring water on the fuel pressure regulator, unplugging the CPS, disconnecting the battery, and me praying to god above to please let her start. Then Gary who was waiting for us all at Mc D's backtracks and lends a helping hand. Then Mitch from experience said check the ignition coil "I would go through igniton coils like water on his Wrangler" sure enough no spark mind you this is a month old coil, take it out and sure enough the gel is cracked. Mother F_er !! so Tony and Mitch roll out to autozone or where ever to get a new one put her in and boom starts right up.

So after bout hour and half of fiddle faddling with the jeep were back on the road to Mc d's cause by then were all hungry as hell lol eat up some food and on the way to the race. We got there at the perfect time I think, wind was cooler and had a nice breeze.
Once again thanks guys for the help and company, much appreciated and Curt you got to get me some more of those wipes lol.

100_1182.jpg

100_1184.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1191.jpg

100_1193.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_1198.jpg

100_1200.jpg

100_1204.jpg

100_1203.jpg

100_1202.jpg

BTW Craig, glad we got this thing squared away......

Night race was badass...had a great time, Curt and Gary was awesome to hang with you guys.
Craig, you Heep is running like a champ boy!!

***Billy, let me tell you something...THANK YOU For you fabwork buddy, Craig and I ran next to the race course for a few miles, and I kid you not, we were running just as fast as some of the slower older toyotas, and stuff....goood times!!

Oh yeah my suspension made up for all that went wrong earlier, I was a Happy Little Bee with it, and Dave will attest I Romped the Shiznit out of it. Billy eveything worked great man and yeah boy did I Cycle the shocks out

Last edited:
***Billy, let me tell you something...THANK YOU For you fabwork buddy, Craig and I ran next to the race course for a few miles, and I kid you not, we were running just as fast as some of the slower older toyotas, and stuff....goood times!![/quote]

X2 on that

Had a great time at the race. My son rode his dirtbike earlier in the day, then we went to the Barnett 1701 pit. Their race was fine until 2nd lap when they broke an rear axle housing. Sorry we all didn't find each other out there, but I didn't have my Jeep anyway. Maybe next time, glad you all had a good time.

Instead of meeting at the McD's just past the Cleg exit Craig decided to change the meeting place to a mile or so before the Cleg exit on the shoulder of the 15. Here is what I saw when I got there.
JeepSpeedRace%20002b.jpg

JeepSpeedRace%20003b.jpg

The line up on the shoulder of I-15
JeepSpeedRace%20006b.jpg

And after some expert diagnosis by Tony's friend Mitch here is the line up on the race course.
JeepSpeedRace%20011b.jpg

Tony
JeepSpeedRace%20012b.jpg

Craig
JeepSpeedRace%20013b.jpg

Gary
JeepSpeedRace%20014b.jpg

Me
JeepSpeedRace%20015b.jpg

JeepSpeedRace%20016b.jpg

I had a BLAST at the race. Probably the most fun at any desert race in the USA. Great meeting you Craig, Gary and Mitch. Great to see you Tony and Dave. And I can verify how awesome Tony's and Craig's rigs do in the dirt....I ate their dust a lot!!
At one point we were driving on a dirt road right next to the course when a set of lights comes up fast behind me and gets right on my ass. Oh shit it's a racer!!! Many times there were 3 or 4 lines the racers could take and sometimes we were on 1 of them.
So what started out on kinda a sour note ended up to be an awesome desert racing experience. I didn't leave until 1:30!!
And Craig I'll get you some of those hand cleaner wipes. Ya gotta have clean hands to use your Blackberry after getting them all greasy working on your rig.
Thanks again to all involved.

BajaCurt said:

Way to represent!!! The two BAD ASS XJ's sitting with thier hoods up!!! hahaha:laugh3:

People drving by were like "see honey, thats why our FJ cruiser is stock" :conceited

OH, BTW.......wish I could have made it....:tears:

Last edited:
Back