• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands, IN 6/16-6/18

xj4life

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone interested in heading to the Badlands park the weekend of 6/16-6/18? A few of us from MI are thinking of planning a trip there and I'm justing seeing if there is any interest from the NAXJA crowd.

xj4life said:
Is anyone interested in heading to the Badlands park the weekend of 6/16-6/18? A few of us from MI are thinking of planning a trip there and I'm justing seeing if there is any interest from the NAXJA crowd.
Let me see how m schedule works out. I gotta make it that way anyway to drop off this engine and trans I keep kicking in the garage.

Ill definetly consider it. My buddy just got a new CTD so he can tow me there, heh. if I can get a cage put in by then, I can probably make it.

we'd probably be heading down thrusday the 15th, arriving around 7 or 8, camping at Summers, and leaving sunday morning.

scoobyxj said:
I might just have to give this a little bump. Sense our little thing this weekend went up in smoke. :)

well we're still planning on going. i think our route is going to be from detroit down to toledo and across country roads instead of taking I94

I could meet you in Toledo, that's about 2 hours from me.
I'm gonna have to think real hard about this.

You know, my MJ was the 100,000th one off the Toledo assembly line.

87manche said:
I could meet you in Toledo, that's about 2 hours from me.
I'm gonna have to think real hard about this.

where are you coming from? our planned route is constantly changing so i can try to get us closer to you if you're coming.

Last edited:
Hey,
"Serious Explorations" a ford explorer club is gonna be at Badlands then. I'm coming up with them. I'll be driving a black '98 JEEP XJ on 33s. If my friend gets his fw axles fabed in he will be driving a white '94 JEEP XJ on 35s. We both have Warn 8274 winches on the front. Hope to see you guys!
Doug

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142474

tsgolo said:
Hey,
"Serious Explorations" a ford explorer club is gonna be at Badlands then. I'm coming up with them. I'll be driving a black '98 JEEP XJ on 33s. If my friend gets his fw axles fabed in he will be driving a white '94 JEEP XJ on 35s. We both have Warn 8274 winches on the front. Hope to see you guys!
Doug

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142474

SWEET!

I'll have my XJ (purple, 36" TSL's, trailered by black F250 SD). i'll be with a baby blue XJ on 32's and a khaki TJ on 33's. if i see you guys i'll come say hi

Chris

xj4life said:
where are you coming from? our planned route is constantly changing so i can try to get us closer to you if you're coming.
AShland Oh,

87manche said:
AShland Oh,

well we are either going to do: 1) toledo then over, 2) to Fort Wayne and then over, or 3) I-94 basically to Chicago and then down. i think right now we are leaning towards going to fort wayne. seems that would be best for you to. toledo would be going out of your way.

Is there any possible way to organize a ride along? I got my XJ ripped apart right now in the shop awaiting full widths. I really wanna see what the Badlands has to offer and meet up with some of you guys. I might have a buddy come with me or just drive by myself, im about 3-4hrs from there and didnt want to make the trip by myself..could anything be worked out?

you could ride with me but i only have the one extra seat (passenger side)

A group of Jeepers from Midwestjeepthing will be up there all weekend. We'll be camping at Carrol Summers. We should be pulling in late thursday night and wheeling Fri and Sat and maybe a few hours on sunday morning before heading back to MO. If any of you all are camping at Carrol Summers, come find us.

If I can get this weekend off I think I will go. If I do I won't be able to come till Saturday. Nathan you could meet me here in Lima it you want'ed to wait till Saturday. I'll let you know eather way by at least Thursday evening.

Last edited:
kooters94yj said:
A group of Jeepers from Midwestjeepthing will be up there all weekend. We'll be camping at Carrol Summers. We should be pulling in late thursday night and wheeling Fri and Sat and maybe a few hours on sunday morning before heading back to MO. If any of you all are camping at Carrol Summers, come find us.

yeah we'll be at Summers as well, pulling in early evening. we're only down to two Jeeps, my XJ and a TJ, after some carnage this past weekend.

Back