• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for a pancake rock run?

You can sleep afterwards... and to wheel "all day", you have to start at the beginning of the day... so 8 a.m.'s pretty reasonable!
Sleep is overrated. Knowing me, ill proabaly wait
until 2AM saturday morning to check over the wagon, after go down to the taco shop casue nothing better then a 4am taco run. take a shower at 5 got to bed at 6 and wake up at 630. Thats how i usally do it.:wow:

Nevermind i was wrong. I should have listend to my leg, with all the metal in it i can feel rain coming a few days before. So everyone still game?
When I read your "it's not gonna rain", I almost posted "Okay, now you've done it...you've jinxed us". I should have!!

I'm still willing and able... as long as there are a few of us going, and a winch or two =). I have no idea how that trail would be in the rain. So again, roll call?

Name (UserName) Contact #:

Ted (96JeepSpeed)
Carol (Carol.92124) six 19 - sixty-five 4 - ninety-seven 5 eight

Actually, changed my mind: now I am NOT going on this run... my friend with the Rubi, who drives that a couple times a month just emailed me with:

"Good morning Carol, I don't think I am going on the run on saturday. I don't do Mud, at least on that trail. If I were you I would not try to run the trail in your jeep if it is muddy. trust me on that one, you will get stuck and or body damage sliding in to and off of rocks, or off the hill side. let me know how it goes. Darrel"

I'm going to take his advice =(. I don't want to slide down a hillside this weekend. So with great regrets and shaking of fists at the Weather Gods, I am cancelling my attendance at this run. Crap.

Well, I'm easy...I'll still go...if it gets too hairy, we can always drink our beer, come up with a good lie, and turn around =)

Or we could just go hit coral canyon and do sidewinder or something easy too.

Well, I'm easy...I'll still go...if it gets too hairy, we can always drink our beer, come up with a good lie, and turn around =)

Or we could just go hit coral canyon and do sidewinder or something easy too.
Yeah, I don't think Sidewinder "easy" if you're stock height in the rain. And I"m only "easy" when I want to be =). But beer always sounds good :wave:, and I don't have anyone to lie to about my activities =).

I'd be up for a good coating of mud on my Jeep (just not Azusa-style mud) if we did a easy cheesy fire-road type thing (outer loop at Corral? Haven't done it, but heard that or Gunslinger's supposed to be bland). I don't want to go on a run where I get carnage from slipping off wet rocks or down the hill off the trail... Stock height, no lockers (8.25 Tracklok, skids, rock rails, that's me), no current body damage, daily driver, and I have plans Sat night so I'd want to be home by 5. So if we figure something out that meets those criteria in the mud, count me back in. Call or text me; I won't be at a computer for a few hours tonight.

Actually, changed my mind: now I am NOT going on this run... my friend with the Rubi, who drives that a couple times a month just emailed me with:

"Good morning Carol, I don't think I am going on the run on saturday. I don't do Mud, at least on that trail. If I were you I would not try to run the trail in your jeep if it is muddy. trust me on that one, you will get stuck and or body damage sliding in to and off of rocks, or off the hill side. let me know how it goes. Darrel"

I'm going to take his advice =(. I don't want to slide down a hillside this weekend. So with great regrets and shaking of fists at the Weather Gods, I am cancelling my attendance at this run. Crap.

Geez... we must really be in Southern California when a half inch of rain scares the wheelers off the trails... :D

Honestly, I don't know this trail, so I don't know what to expect in the rain. I'll still be there if we're still on.

Carol, you can ride along with me if you want.

its not rain thats scaring me off...lol

but i would be totally down for this if we do another run soon.

day runs are gonna be best for me, overnight doesn't work all that well...

Geez... we must really be in Southern California when a half inch of rain scares the wheelers off the trails... :D

Honestly, I don't know this trail, so I don't know what to expect in the rain. I'll still be there if we're still on.

Carol, you can ride along with me if you want.
That might be a plan. It's not the rain, it's not the mud, it's the sliding down a mountain in the mud... But I'd be up for being passenger in potential carnage, I guess =). Let's see what everyone decides, but I'm still up for going, just not trashing my Heep yet. PM me your number, Mike...or call or text me. Just remember I still have 3 teens I'm raising, and need to stay alive for now. Scary thing is, my kids are cool enough that I'm not wanting to die just to escape dealing with them!

I doubt Darrel's a pussy, but that doesn't exclude Rubi owners in general...

Back