• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody running this???

jeepdude25

NAXJA Forum User
So when I put on my Teraflex high steer kit I had to cut off my sway bar ends mounted to the axle. Since then I have been driving the XJ with no sway bar and it is fine so far but I want to put one back on. Now Ive looked around at upgrades and I think I want to purchase this:
ce9900xjf.jpg

Is anyone running this set up??? and how can I go about getting new sway bar mounts on the axle. heres how it looks now.
GetAttachment-1.jpg

I considered it for the Truggy. After reading several threads on Pirate and some discussions with folks running that very same setup, I haven't seen many that felt it truely was a worth while investment. Mostly because it's a very soft swaybar - not a whole lot of sway control.

When you really think about it - that makes total sense. Any sway bar that's designed to stay attached, but allow for lots of flex...... isn't very stiff. So how is it going to help control body roll? Not substantially anyway.

Your drag link is really gonna make it very difficult - if not impossible to come up with a way to connect that pass. side of the axle to any kind of sway bar link.........

Dunno if welding on a pair of these would allow you to have the bracket poke up between the tie rod and the drag link and still give you full turning motion without anything touching:

PPM-8235-03-XJ-TJ-Sway-Bar-Relcoation-Bracket-400.jpg

Polyperformance and JKS make these.

Ive also been looking into the possibility of adding one of those antirock kits, although like yella mentioned its been said that it doesn't seem to help a lot. Not for the price currie wants anyway. My jeep sees little street driving duties except to the trail and home so I have just learned to deal with running w/o a sway bar all together. :gag:

I did purchase the teraflex sway bar relocation brackets (quite different then the ones shown in yellas photo) and never used them. Id even be willing to part with them for like $20 if you wanted to go back to your disconnectable sway bar. I'm just not certain they will work with the way you have the steering set up OTK.

Im running the same steering set up, both arms mounted on top of the knuckle just as yours and seeing your pictures you are going to have to address a couple of things. Or I should say I needed to to in my set up.

You are going to HAVE to change your track bar angle. I used a JKS track bar relocation bracket. Then cut (I cut out of the straight section) and sleeved the rubicon express track bar i had down to the right length. I also ended up having to use a longer and flatter pitman arm. This was only because i have the old version Teraflex knuckle and thats what was required to give me full lock to lock steering. It also gave me a better angle on the drag link in comparison to the track bar. Lastly I'm running at about 5" lift in the front, with the RK 3-link and without proper length bumpstops (think im at 3" on top of the coil pads) you can get the draglink to hit the oil pan on full compression of the passenger side tire. This was also contributed to my flatter pitman arm as well though which you may not need.

My 2 cents for what its worth.

PPM-8235-03-XJ-TJ-Sway-Bar-Relcoation-Bracket-400.jpg

Polyperformance and JKS make these.

I bent up 3 of those like they were made of butter -- build something more stout. Do you have wicked bumpsteer with that set-up or what?

I bent up 3 of those like they were made of butter -- build something more stout. Do you have wicked bumpsteer with that set-up or what?

........ Yeah, but was it because you forgot to disco the discos a time or two? I bent mine too when I had 'em on the yella Heep, but it wasn't from street use - it was my :doh:

Order 2 pairs then and weld 'em together......... :thumbup:

........ Yeah, but was it because you forgot to disco the discos a time or two? I bent mine too when I had 'em on the yella Heep, but it wasn't from street use - it was my :doh:

Order 2 pairs then and weld 'em together......... :thumbup:

perhaps... :sad1:

I have one still on my rig, the other side I home built a boxed, stouter set up -- I have since trussed/gussetted the other one up...

The brown truck delivered mine today. I have been running without sway bars for years without too much trouble. I was looking for that middle ground of handling and offroad performance. I have seen the antirock in action many times on other rigs and it seems to do well. Everyone I talked to liked the way it performed. It will be awhile before I have any real experience with it on the rig.

Yeah my Jeep has some bump steer going on but not to bad. Im just thinkin I might have a buddy of mine just fab up some new mounts for me. And YES I plan to buy a new JKS track bar and mount for the front so Im dialed in a little better.

Hey fire Lt. if possible could you post up some pics of your install on the kit when you put it on Id like to see how it goes together. Thanks

Did you search NAXJA yet? I'm fairly certain I've seen a couple threads on this swap already......

So when I put on my Teraflex high steer kit I had to cut off my sway bar ends mounted to the axle. Since then I have been driving the XJ with no sway bar and it is fine so far but I want to put one back on. Now Ive looked around at upgrades and I think I want to purchase this:
ce9900xjf.jpg

Is anyone running this set up??? and how can I go about getting new sway bar mounts on the axle. heres how it looks now.
GetAttachment-1.jpg

WHY??? It is a waste of money!! I have been running without swaybars for years and I drive my junk daily like I stole it! I am at 7 inches of lift too! You need to relocate/replace your tracbar, it needs to be at the same angle as your draglink!!

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think they make this kit with a stouter (?) torsion bar for better on-road manners, and a lockout on one end so you can "disconnect" without disconnecting... IDK

I wouldn't be worried about body roll as much as I would be worried about bump steer.

As has already been said, how bad is the bump steer with this set up?

Trying to be as nice as possible, but the links that are parallel in this photo are the wrong links.....

Back to the question at hand, and what little I have to say about that.

I run without sway bars, and don't feel like it's too detrimental.
Gains of salt.
1. Mine is rarely on road.
2. I'm in Kansas where the roads are straight and flat. Run off the road here and you go down a 3 foot ditch, not a 300 foot cliff.

.​

Back