• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Monster Cherokee

I think the flares were for legal reasons, I really hope he does the tube flares we have been talking about.

I hope that wasn't supposed to be a secret. ;)

-Alex

Some states don't make you cover them completely. Tires just can stick out from body/flares more then so many inches in some states.

Some stated don't give a damn, +1 for Indiana! :D

I'm a little curious why you go through the expense of Bushwacker flares when they don't even cover...

Get a tank skid and stiffiners and you'll be much better off.

My xj has gone through many stages in the time I've had it...of course. Haha! But the wackers have been on there there for a while (they did function up until I put the jk axles under it) , there all chopped up now, to clear the tires. The pics I posted, I took as soon as I pulled it out of the shop.

Shhh....Alex, you were not supposed to tell any one about thoughts. ..haha. I will start working on them when I get back. Thanks for the line, it came in just in time. The fair lead looks great. Ill post some pics up after we get back from wheelin tomorrow.

The XJ still has a long way to go before its done, but at least I have the axles in it...finally. I'm not sure that it will ever be finished....there will always be something to do to it.....

Last edited:
Shhh....Alex, you were not supposed to tell any one about thoughts. ..haha. I will start working on them when I get back. Thanks for the line, it came in just in time. The fair lead looks great. Ill post some pics up after we get back from wheelin tomorrow.

Sweet!

Lets see those wheeling pics!

-Alex

Just got back guys, I will post up some pic's tomorrow! I have lots from the matino wash trail that my guys took. I will get some from the photographer that came up for the john bull trail run, he's sending a cd...haha. I will post them as soon as I can. It was good to see some of you guys out there! We all had a good time and the weather was great!

flex pics would be great. I would like to see how well your front tires tucked up in the flares. I am working on tuning/bump stopping my suspension with a similar set up.

No problem, i'll post plenty of flex pics. The setup I'm running absolutely exceeded my expectations. I really thought that I would have a problem with it unloading on clime and having some amount of body roll on off camber lines because of the rack and spare...I had zero problems!! It floated over everything with out any trouble at all. I was very happy with how it performed and reacted to the trails. Now its back in the shop to finish some more upgrades, fine tuning, and a new Atlas 2 speed. I have a few weeks before the next trail run to get it all done.

Let me know if any one is interested in an almost new tera low 4.1 t-case that's been on one weekend of trail runs! :rof:

Here are some Pics of the XJ going through Matino Wash in Big Bear:

Cherokee-1.jpg

Cherokee-2.jpg

Cherokee-3.jpg

Cherokee-4.jpg

Cherokee-5.jpg

Cherokee-6.jpg

Cherokee-7.jpg

Cherokee-8.jpg

Cherokee-9.jpg

Cherokee-9-1.jpg

Here are some More!!

Cherokee-9-2.jpg

Cherokee-9-3.jpg

Cherokee-9-4.jpg

Cherokee-9-5.jpg

Cherokee-9-6.jpg

Cherokee-9-7.jpg

Cherokee-9-8.jpg

I should get some more pics of the XJ on the John Bull trail in a few days. I'll post them when i get them.

Thats one hell of a mall parking lot! :D

Back