• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6th Annual Reno Run (Memorial Weekend 2016)

isn't shakedown much closer than bronco though? and it ends into the last waterfall of dolores?

if its as far out as bronco and longer we wouldnt make the BBQ though...
I wasn't saying let's go run dead horse... haha we can run shakedown and see how how much time is after that and do something else before the bbq.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I wasn't saying let's go run dead horse... haha we can run shakedown and see how how much time is after that and do something else before the bbq.

Well we could do this dead horse too . Just thinking of the tradeoffs

You guys familiar with Hackett? It would be a nice half day run for the more well equipped rigs. It is down by Dayton, but if you guys are staying in south Reno anyway, it would probably only be a 45 minute drive there. It is like a longer Bronco without any bypasses, probably a tick harder at the top.

write-up on R4x4..

We pushed Bill (TJ Rubicon on 35s) through in about 4 hours, so 4-5 rigs on 37"+ tires should be able to take it easy and be out in 3-4 hours at most.

You could even wander up into Wackett if you are feeling saucy...

You guys familiar with Hackett? It would be a nice half day run for the more well equipped rigs. It is down by Dayton, but if you guys are staying in south Reno anyway, it would probably only be a 45 minute drive there. It is like a longer Bronco without any bypasses, probably a tick harder at the top.

write-up on R4x4..

We pushed Bill (TJ Rubicon on 35s) through in about 4 hours, so 4-5 rigs on 37"+ tires should be able to take it easy and be out in 3-4 hours at most.

You could even wander up into Wackett if you are feeling saucy...

that trail looks gnarly.

Guys, I'm out. I hate to say it. Especially on such a big trip that I want to go on. I may drive up and camp a night or two. I will be on the Rubicon the following weekend.

God Bless you for planning out Reno then canceling last minute for a last minute planned rubicon trip a week later !

Who is running the con that weekend with you? Shoot maybe ill go on both.

Chris, gonna miss you but I hope we can wheel together later in the summer. I want to do the Con this year for the first time but first Reno.

Are we still on for Prison Hill on Friday???

I'll know for sure next week if I'll make it for sure financial wise and if my time off request was approved.. even if all I have is money too pay for rent minus utilities and gas for the 8hr drive there and back haha. I just wanna wheel with the awesome Sierra chapter again like last year.

Whats the trailer parking situation like for saturdays run? How far
Is the trail head from where we start?

Same for sundays run.

Asking for a friend

Whats the trailer parking situation like for saturdays run? How far
Is the trail head from where we start?

Same for sundays run.

Asking for a friend

For Steve's Loop, it is quite a drive from the campground, considering the campground is south of town and Steve's Loop is far North of town. There is an area for trailers after you turn off of pavement. I have used it before and it works. Because of the drive out there, it is worth trailering, but any XJ that handles the street okay will do fine for the drive (I will drive not trailer).

For Sunday it depends on which trail we run. If we do Bronco, I plan on taking us in a different way and I have friends who have parked their trailers there, but until I check it out next week I can't guarantee that's the way we will come out (might exit via Lockwood like last year).

Not sure for Eldorado Canyon, Turbobrick will have to answer that.

what about shakedown on saturday (and do last waterfall on dolores ? ) or whatever we do saturday ? Mike1331 is thinking of trailering for the day on saturday and would drive straight from colfax to the trail (or 7eleven) to meet us. just wondering if we could park his trailer at the end of shakedown and drive from there to the trail head?

we also might have thom come out to prison hill on friday, possibly , which would be neat.

what about shakedown on saturday (and do last waterfall on dolores ? ) or whatever we do saturday ? Mike1331 is thinking of trailering for the day on saturday and would drive straight from colfax to the trail (or 7eleven) to meet us. just wondering if we could park his trailer at the end of shakedown and drive from there to the trail head?

we also might have thom come out to prison hill on friday, possibly , which would be neat.

I wouldn't leave a truck and trailer where shakedown is. He can drop the truck and trailer off at my buddies house out in Spanish springs and drive the rig the 3 miles of highway if that works?

That should work

Not sure what the Bronco plans are, but parking anywhere up top when going into Bronco has a good chance of causing trouble. It has been known for a long time that you cant park by the fire station without issues. You used to be able to park on the side of the dirt road nearest VC and come in that way, but that isn't an option any more either. Although it isn't illegal to park on the side of the dirt road, the homeowners up there get all worked up over it, and call the sheriff (who then does nothing). We gave up on parking there out of fear that someone would mess with our rigs - the last homeowner we ran into was fully irate, and itching for a fight. So, the last time we did Upper, we parked all the way in VC and drove back roads to the trail. For a rig that is street legal, VC would be easy. Parking down on the Lockwood side seems to still be working out as well.

Eldorado is a one-way trail. There are areas in Dayton that you can safely park a rig for sure, but I don't know about the return logistics. It is probably 30+ miles of pavement to drive around from one end to the other.

If I remeber me and eric talked about parking in damonte ranch and going in that way.

Not sure what the Bronco plans are, but parking anywhere up top when going into Bronco has a good chance of causing trouble. It has been known for a long time that you cant park by the fire station without issues. You used to be able to park on the side of the dirt road nearest VC and come in that way, but that isn't an option any more either. Although it isn't illegal to park on the side of the dirt road, the homeowners up there get all worked up over it, and call the sheriff (who then does nothing). We gave up on parking there out of fear that someone would mess with our rigs - the last homeowner we ran into was fully irate, and itching for a fight. So, the last time we did Upper, we parked all the way in VC and drove back roads to the trail. For a rig that is street legal, VC would be easy. Parking down on the Lockwood side seems to still be working out as well.

Yeah we saw last year they had some new signs posted to try and keep people from driving in from Lousetown. Its odd they only point to the west so you only see the signs going in that way, but if you are coming out you won't see them, so if you stop there to air up, there's bound to be trouble. I've given up going in (or out) that way at all.

Back