• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5 with 35's. Bad news?

Not one to point out lift brands but XJ redneck is running an Iron rock offroad lift and hasnt died yet :)
had to go there, didnt ya? he also has STRAIT stock steering with 37s on a D30? i bend ZJ stuff EVERY time i go out, and i wheel like a sissy. im sure he beats the piss out of it.

must be the "aussie limited slip locker"... what ever that is. :rolleyes:
front is about to get a truss but just has an aussie limited slip locker.

had to go there, didnt ya? he also has STRAIGHTstock steering with 37s on a D30? i bend ZJ stuff EVERY time i go out, and i wheel like a sissy. im sure he beats the piss out of it.

must be the "aussie limited slip locker"... what ever that is. :rolleyes:

After I bent my stock steering on 33's I went to the heim ruff stuff specialties DIY setup

Same guy that told me I'm an idiot for recommending an sye and dual cardan driveshaft to someone on another wing of the internets.

"Just keep dropping your drivetrain, and pitch your rear"

"don't need a fancy sye and $40 driveshaft, just spend $20 on steel and drop your crossmember" lol.

Also claimed that his u joints with a stock shaft will last longer and run smoother than a properly setup sye and dual cardan shaft. Then threatened to hook up a chain to my truck and see who's blows apart first.

Last edited:
Ktm racer 419 i have the sye kit never said nothing bad anout them i called you an idiot cuz 90% of all you good brand lifts come wi the 1" drop some are opptional and others arent its just built right in. You said that its stupid to drop your trany that every inch counts and good crawlers want evey inch they can get but yet the mist of the lifts come with them. Hmmmm..... so if theyre so terrible and so stupid why biuildbthrm in your lifts...... are you calling lift companies stupid for doin it. They should design theyre lift to perfectly set your drive line right. You should start calling all them and tell them how dumb they are. Like said before asbwell its an easy cheep fix to issues with drive shafts blowing unis out and you need the fix now, plus it slso removes roughly an inch out of the length the drive shaft as well.

Right now im working 2 jobs work from 530am to 1130pm so i dont haveba lot of time to get things done on the jeep. I have DOM piping at home along with rod ends to replace the steering bars plus have grand cherokee spindles to swap over to have dual arms. Debating on just selling them since i can just keep my spindles put the steering arm up top and put the wheel to wheel bar on bottom and bolt them down together and have the same thing. But the GC ones would releave binding with the steering arm up higher.

Then on weekends i have farm work to take care of owning 50acres aint just fun and games, plus spending time with my wife and daughter and soon to have a son i dont have a lot of time for hard playing so for now its a mall crawler once i feel like buying another truck ill finish this thing right with dana 60s 4 link system in rear with coils all the way around and have a few more ideas ill work over on it as well.

Plus as well i never threatened you with the chain you said how great your dual carden drive shaft was, then insulted my truck and called it a chopped up mud truck, when its a fully street legal truck, said how stupid a trany drop is. So i said if its so great lets hook chains and see what last longer your drive shaft to my trany drop. Since its just chopped up mud truck with a stupid trany drop you shouldnt have a problem with ripping my truck apart. But then again you dont have an xj to prove your theory. Plus i also never said to keep dropping your drive line i said to drop it an inch, AN INCH, you know 16 16th, 8 8ths. No more droping to far can cause a load of problems. But the again im only the guy with a chopped up mud truck who grew up having nothing so learned how to fix thing the fast an most inexpensive way. Ya sometimes it dont last as long but it worked for a little and kept a little money in my pocket. But what would i know i only build chopped up mud trucks. Even tho you might be saving 20$ to some people 20$ is money for fuel to get to work but to you its *uck going to work i need a dual carden drive shaft so its perfect. Its fixed but since i got fired for not being at work and not having money for gas i now sell the jeep with that bad ass drive shaft. Yaaa me

Last edited:
You done yet?

I really don't care to reply to everything you said, so I'll just leave you with this: Everyone builds things differently. I live by "build it right, build it once" If I can't afford to do it right, I wait til I can. I hate cutting corners. Sorry we disagree.

now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:
Seconded. :wow:

anyone need a third ... wow ... just wow.

I liked how he said top company's have the drop in their cross member ... Call them stupid, funny thing is is that's incorporated into the cross member so no ground clearance is lost like with a t case drop kit ;-)

Okay im going to pointing out the obviouse since no one else sees it or even cares to say anything, a trans drop that comes built in to your cross member your cross member now has long arm kit so you just lost what 3.5" of needed clearence to attach your arms to the member. But no one see that hmmmm...

ummm, what?

A well designed crossmember for longarms has the mounts on the front not the bottom, but being a mud truck hackjob you wouldn't realize that I guess.

xj_redneck brings the funny. but i do have a recommendation....

terminology, learn it. in the professional world, knowing what your talking about and using the right words makes a huge different. it deffinantly shows credibility in how much you know to those you are working with/for.

Okay im going to pointing out the obviouse since no one else sees it or even cares to say anything, a trans drop that comes built in to your cross member your cross member now has long arm kit so you just lost what 3.5" of needed clearence to attach your arms to the member. But no one see that hmmmm...

This makes no sense.

My so called hacked up mud truck has gone as as far as and farther then any jeep around here typical jeep ***s, believe any other vehicle besides there amazing ****ed up heep is just a hack job. But when asked to hook chains jeep ***s just say "jeeps arent ment for that shit." If jeeps are great and can do anything better then a "hacked up mud truck" then hook the POS jeep you own with its awesome ability to out do anything a truck can do to my "hacked up mud truck" so i can tear if half. Wouldnt be the first time i rip an axle out, stap your drive shaft in half and and kink a unibody, watch your motor shoot sparks and chunks fall out the bottom, see a trany hanging in pieces under a jeep because they talk all big and bad bout there ****ing heep like a jeep *** does and then watches fall apart by the "hacked up mud truck" yanking there chain.

The sad thing is i know there are people on here and people out there with jeeps who dont act like their king shit cuz they have a jeep. Those people arent jeep ***. Its the dumb ****s that think because a truck with 20" lift and 42s(that clears 50" tires with no problem) is just a hacked up mud truck. I didnt do all the lift the big tires and heavy ass bumpers to look perty, id blaze my own trails run over anything in my path i didnt care. I love jeeps there fun multiperpose vehicles that can do a lot but when insult another mans vehicle without knowing what it is and how it performs you deserve an ass whoopin.

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Back