• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

With the crank supported between each cylinder and each throw of the crank only having to deal with on reciprocating mass, you have it as good as it gets. The crank angles achieve balance naturally. Just get the rod/piston/rings to weigh in the same and you are golden.

Just a BTW... A supercharger lets you know it's out there as well. Love the look on Ricky Racer's face when I blow him out of the water in my Heep.

obviously

^^Then it is built in the finest tradition of the original AMC...

You know, AMC, the All Manufacturer Car Company? AMC freely mixed GM and Ford parts on Jeeps for years...

As much as I hate all-par ... didn't they say something how the first Cherokee had a ford carburetor on top of a GM engine attached to a Chrysler transmission?

yes, yes they did almost any combination towards the end...

My Wife's 89 Grand Wagoneer had a Ford Carb as well as a Ford starter solenoid on the AMC 5.9L. Used a GM compressor for the A/C. Dana44 front and an AMC20 in the back. Leaf springs with track bars front and rear...

I almost stuffed in a built 401 (OK, it was out to 427) in that thing. Then I woke up and realized that with the weight of my Wife's right foot, the tires just would not last. She Hot Rods more than I do. Now she drive a 96 Bronco (last year of the biggies) and she wants a Blower on it so it can out run my Heep...

Now back to the thread in progress. Sorry about the hijack...

First Amc cherokees had GM 2.8l with the drivetrain they used in the blazers. (Vacuum accuated 4wd) GM Steering column, front brakes I think too.

Then they threw the toyota tranny on in 87 while still having the column and brake setup.

Then they threw the toyota tranny on in 87 while still having the column and brake setup.

It's an Aisin Warner Transmission. That's like saying that Dana axles are Jeep Axles.

/hijack.

It's an Aisin Warner Transmission. That's like saying that Dana axles are Jeep Axles.

/hijack.
nah man

they're totally Ford / GM axles.

hello from cold Russia, my friends =)

R7UXK8fL.jpg

0Vr3kA1Y.jpg

Pqf2kv4W.jpg

Last edited:
oh snap - 2JZ XJ drag race coming up?

Awwwww shucky-ducky now. That's what I'M talkin' about! This totally makes me smile.

I always have gotten along with Russians! :) Especially the ladies. LOL.

Start a build thread, Burik!

It's a 2.5L 1JZ, and he's got it in a ZJ, but yeah, we should totally meet up somewhere near the Bearing Strait, lol. Burik, FYI, you better turn up the boost cause my XJ is lighter than your ZJ, he he he.

Burik, I'd be interested to know a little more about your transmission setup and your motor mount solutions. :)

Last edited:
yes child9 you are right, but my aim is not making a race car, the main thing why i am doing this, is that my original 5.2 engine was dead and getting that engine in my area is impossible. ) finding a JZ motor in my town is not big problem, so we started googling and found your thread.
will be no thread from me, because my english is so poor, i will just ask anything if it comes up, right here ok ?
only started this thing two days ago, monday, this are the first time fitting in photos, so dont have any solution for the motor mounts yet, but i really like this idea :
DSC05708.jpg

the transmission is the toyota A340F , from a '96 4Runner, it bolts on straightly to JZ, only have to change the bellhousing. all the wiring is same as JZ's original A340E, only speed sensor different. also allows to have 2wd or 4wd connected manually when you need it. will only have to change the shafts, front and rear...

Back