• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

Years ago when I was sc'ing boats we found that necking down after the intercooler to 3" piping lost out in flow vs. keeping the 'plenum shape' after the intercooler. I really like what you built, why don't those Honda guys do it the same like you did.

The only problem I see is that the 2 areas right in front of the turbo outlets will have higher flow across the intercooler. There will be less even flow across the whole intercooler core. You might be able to point the turbo outflow pipes 'into a wall' so to speak the slow down and spread out the charged air. Especially at high boost 30+psi, it will just blow thru a small area of the intercooler and not the whole core.

I hope that makes sense.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...60053ED771B625E0588EBD998D7D&selectedIndex=17

I'm loving the diesels so far. Huge advantages over gas motors. No throttle body (as you kind of alluded to with the necking down), boost only limited by the strength of the head/block, and better gas mileage due to the ridiculously high compression ratios we can run.

I designed this to focus primarily on good flow, secondarily on the wave tuning, and thirdly on weight savings. Some friends and I are all on the same page that it is better to make power with lower boost pressures and better total flow...regardless of fuel.

I know what you mean about the end tank, and in fact have taken measures to equalize flow as much as possible. I am not at liberty to reveal what's been done to the internals of the tanks at this time. :) This setup will run around 60 psi as well. This first rendition is pretty blocky, but I'm hoping that in the near future the company can afford a total redesign based on what we learn from this setup and allow me to actually make smooth cast components to smooth out everything for more optimized flow.

Time will tell, lol.

Hey child9... I have a 99 XJ... which I am so into doing 2JZ-GTE swap on my 99 Jeep.. itll be awesome to get in contact with you personally so you give me some guide tips on how successfully finish this project... hit me up thx!

I know what you mean about the end tank, and in fact have taken measures to equalize flow as much as possible. I am not at liberty to reveal what's been done to the internals of the tanks at this time. :) This setup will run around 60 psi as well. This first rendition is pretty blocky, but I'm hoping that in the near future the company can afford a total redesign based on what we learn from this setup and allow me to actually make smooth cast components to smooth out everything for more optimized flow.

Time will tell, lol.

That is key. Can't wait.

A little late to the party, but congrats :)
btw, we moved last week - about 3 miles away, North of the mall. Have a 2 car garage now, time to play :)

I figured. Didn't see the waggy any more. We're moving in a couple of months as well. I'll make sure to get a decent one car that can accommodate EVERYTHING, lol.

Sooooooo...I made a slight miscalculation and had to react...rear-ended a Prius. Crazy thing is I pulled over to get off the road and the girl ran. I distinctly remember thinking in my head "miss the IC, MISS THE IC!!!"

Success..mostly. Suceess enough anyway. So I spent about $270 at a JY about 40 mile N of Austin and got a bunch of good shit and much more than I even needed to replace due to the fender bender. Just wrapping up the main fixes and will be done with the front end tomorrow. Biggest bummer? No more awesome waggy header panel. Unless you are a fiber guy, it's done. If anyone wants it, it's free plus shipping.

I was lucky enough to collect both front and rear bumpers that have the bumper guards, which I like. Front is grey and rear is chrome, but they will both be powder-coated soon enough. Keep in mind this is still a temporary solution for the front since the IC is still totally unprotected.

Man I love being a fabricator. :)

All together...mostly. I still have a new hood, a right side front fender, two front bucket seats, and a rear bumper to put on...but the wife seems to think this is gonna be her daily once I get the shifter setup fabricated. LOFL. Crazy woman.

they had a complete waggy setup at the Belton wrench a part a few months back. I'll keep my eye out for another there if you want me too

I would appreciate that! Thanks!

I'm going to perforate it, hahaha! For the moment I have the boost almost off, so I'm not too concerned with the IC cooling virtually non-existent charge air. :)

Back