• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

why is the POS website limiting my posts...

i give up...

I'm using the rock shifter to manually control the solenoids to shift the AW4. I hope you can pull off the paddle shifters. :)

Steering wheel may work if I can safely modify it, but it isn't plug and play.

Power steering leak is fixed finally. Using a reservoir from another Grand Marquis that has tubes going in sideways instead of shooting straight up. No leaks. Thank you eBay.

SprintPhoto_bmibha.jpg

I need to get the exhaust on her, get a fan shroud on her, make sure my tranny is staying cool since it's only aftermarket cooled, and get it legal so I can drive her. Everything else is extra. School starts tomorrow. :)

So far she's mostly Jeep, significantly Toyota, partially Mitsubishi, and slightly Ford...with a bunch of custom crap holding it all together. Funny how things work out.

^^Then it is built in the finest tradition of the original AMC...

You know, AMC, the All Manufacturer Car Company? AMC freely mixed GM and Ford parts on Jeeps for years...

Is it just me or does that sound an awful lot like a 4.0?

Or... It sounds like a 4.2L XKE Jaguar.

Actually, all 6 cylinder engines sound remarkably like each other... Just like V-8s sound alike and V-12s (my personal favourite) sound alike. Or any cylinder combo. Has to do with the exhaust pulse timing.

All I can say is... Go Chad!

i'm not sure if its collected in one post somewhere but what trans parts did you mix to end up with the toy bellhousing and the jeep output? I was looking at lexus 1uzfe's as a buggy motor down the road and have seen a few recipes on the subject but none that were running and driving at the time.....

excellent build, props for making it all fit and run

Whoops. I totally misread the post, lol. Yeah, straight 6's sound a lot alike. Kinda like how all flat setups like Subys and Porsches sound like a boat. At least they do to me.

Man, I've had a year into tranny and other research before starting the actual swap last March, and it has taken 9 months to get it running. Granted I can only work on it during spare time that I don't have a whole lot of, but still though. At least no one can accuse me of doing a "rush job", lol.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I never thought you were hatin and again, I misread what you wrote the first time. No worries. I always liked the way the 4.0l sounded too.

Truth is, an inline 6 is about the best engine design there is. Look at Clifford Performance. Thier 6=8 campaign has been running for, well, decades. I used his header on my '52 Hudson Hornet. 308cuin of flat head inline 6 cylinder. Aluminium head from the factory and it was twin H Power (dual carbs) equipped.

OK, this was in '68, give an old guy a break...

All sorts of engine configurations have been tried. Look at the Cadillac and LaSalle V-16s that were produced. The idea was to have an engine that you just could not feel running. Also consider that elastomeric engine mounts did not happen until 1928. I believe Lincoln called them floating engine mounts, but I could be wrong...

There a W-12 on the market today, used in the Bently. Having worked on aircraft radial engines, I can only imagine what it takes to scavange the oil out of the lower banks of cylinders. At least it is a short engine...

There a W-12 on the market today, used in the Bently. Having worked on aircraft radial engines, I can only imagine what it takes to scavange the oil out of the lower banks of cylinders. At least it is a short engine...

VW used to put that W12 in their Touareg too.

Back