• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

:-( aww no video. There needs to be a finish to this build so you can quickly start posting about repiars to fix anything you break from the sheer Chuck Norris badassedness (new word) of this beast.

im from cherokeetalk.com LOL, i had to join, i just wanted to let you know, this is the SICKEST swap i have ever seen. like i used to love supra's just for there lil inline 6, i cant believe your actually throwing it into a xj, lol freaking amazing..

I have a completely integrated and custom chromoly armor setup designed in my head for the front end. What you see now is temporary.

wow, i cant wait to see this thing start up!

So what you're saying is the ridiculousness we've seen so far is a fraction of your skill set?

Yes, albeit a big fraction, lol. I look at it like this: If I can't put a 2J in a Jeep, how can I expect to build a spaceship? Pshhht....2J's going in a Jeep.

@DP I absolutely plan on scoring one of the Wilwood big brake kits from Bryson.

get thing damn thing running already slacker...!

Yes, albeit a big fraction, lol. I look at it like this: If I can't put a 2J in a Jeep, how can I expect to build a spaceship? Pshhht....2J's going in a Jeep.

@DP I absolutely plan on scoring one of the Wilwood big brake kits from Bryson.

Hes got two skills, putting crazy engine setups in jeeps, and...procrastinating.
:kissyou:

I KNOW I KNOW....I'M SORRY! :) Time management and self-discipline are two other personal things I'm trying to get good at. Just took my Calc test and have Chem test next. I'll find out why I have no fire soon though. :)

and it runs and you're WAY too busy to post because you are destroying 4 bangers throughout Texas!??? o_O maybe yes/no??
*sigh* Guess not......a project that made awesome progress up to now and is just painful to wait. :) Hurry Up please!

and it runs and you're WAY too busy to post because you are destroying 4 bangers throughout Texas!??? o_O maybe yes/no??
*sigh* Guess not......a project that made awesome progress up to now and is just painful to wait. :) Hurry Up please!
yeah .. dying here too!

I've been sitting here for a couple of hours staring at starting and ignition schematics for the Jeep and Supra, and realize there is a chance the no crank condition and the no fire condition are tied together...and I have a plan. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:
Get it done already, i need a video to post on FB to show all my tuner/f-body/jeep friends! :D

Alright, so the new starter is awesome. I had a relay connection to the ASD relay going to the wrong place, and once I fixed it so the relay could fire I had spark and despite preparations including leather gloves and a spark tester, still managed to shock the crap out of myself. I had fire.
The Jeep ran for 10 seconds or so on starting fluid, so I know the engine is at least that good. Turbo was definitely turboing at idle...hehehe. What a nice little fan that makes.
Started trouble shooting the fuel issue. Checked electrically, forced one of the injectors to click with straight 12v applied, then listened with an extension to my ear and am certain there is clicking. Injectors 1 and 2 I could barely feel clicking, but it was there. Multimeter checking voltage just showed about 9.5 volts steady, which seems strange and makes me think the multimeter can't keep up with the pulses. Unfortunately I don't own a Fluke just yet, or an oscilloscope.
I don't have a good way to just check the fuel pressure at the rail, and stock Toyota procedure taps in at the body-mounted in-line filter inlet. Blah blah blah blah...
because someone at the shop I used to work at recently told me a line was a fuel inlet, when I'm going through the alldata on a Supra only to discover that is wrong. I imagine the pressure regulator doesn't like it when fuel is trying to go through it the wrong way.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm super irritated, yet kinda relieved and hopeful about tomorrow now.

How many times do I have to learn this lesson about taking another enthusiast's word for anything? Over and over I seem to fall into this one.

So yeah tomorrow I'm switching the fuel lines and seeing what happens. I think it's gonna be way too loud.

Back