• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

On a RENIX the ECU and some sensors ground there. I definitely have seen a rather large (would guess 8 or 10AWG) ground wire under that stud on at least one jeep however.

Was it there from the factory? I sure don't know :dunno: all my jeeps have been at least 2 or 3 owner vehicles with no real service history.

EDIT: it definitely is that way on my 88 MJ, and I suspect it is factory since the RENIX block has no mounting bolts for the ignition coil on the front of the block, as the ICM is mounted to the pass side inner fender.

Last edited:
Yes, it has the large output wire that goes to the fusible link and pdc, it's just not outputing. One of the GRN/Or wires that comes from the ASD relay power output went to the Jeep alternator...and that gives 12v once keyed on. I'm gonna keep looking for a good aristo alternator plug pinout, then switch the other two wires. :)

I would toy with the "L" wire and see if you can get some charging. I'm not sure of toyota's strategy, but older fords had a problem if the charging bulb burned out. There may be something funky with how they designed that circuit to be completed. Best of luck!

Not exactly Jeep related, but it's what I've been up to. This is one of two exhaust tips made to come through a modified fab fours bumper on a Raptor that's in the Dubai International Auto Show next month.

DSC_0046.jpg

As far as the Jeep goes, I gotta find a big coolant leak behind the head/engine, fix the IAV, get the alt working...but the engine is sounding really good and running better and better.

no...get this XXXXer running first...

lol

Back