• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whining and B*tching?????

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
Whining and Bitching......... seems to be a heck of alot going on here. WHY??????

I just dont really understand what is so wrong here? Its a jeep club, thats it. People who have a similar interest can get tech help, shoot the shit about things of common interest, and organize some wheeling trips with rigs of same brand and model. Thats it!

People are getting all upset about not welcoming new people and not having the right runs or the right meeting places or the right type of terrain or the right threads or the right bla bla bla.....

RELAX!!!!

It seems as though some of you cant get through life if the stars of the NAXJA solar system aren't perfectly aligned. ITS JUST A JEEP CLUB!

If you want to wheel, go wheeling. If you want to drink beer and eat with some boys with Cherokees post up and do it.

I dont think leadership or BOD's or the different cliques have anything to do with the socal chapter going down hill as some of you think. The only thing making this place go down hill are those complaining of it.

You dont have to have you hands held every step of the way.

People are saying..... "i went to meet and greet and didnt meet anyone"....... what are you 10 years old???? Try introducing yourself and getting involved. We are all adults right? If any person goes anywhere where they are new, unless they try, of course they wont meet anyone. Be it a new job, gym, baseball team, whatever....

The only thing making past members leave is having to hear and read about all this crap all the time. If people stopped worrying about what direction our chapter should go in and just relaxed and remebered we are here for a sport, a recreation, a common interest and not world peace, maybe we would all be better off.

Seriously, im getting over it. I spend way more time on Pirate now because people are there to wheel ( and give a little shit in the name of fun). I dont see all the drama and bull$hit. Maybe we should all have a little thicker skin when it comes to the internet and forums.

Anyway. Im done here and i'm done with the possibilty of being NAXJA socal chapter treasurer. Im just not cut out for all the crap. I just want to drive my jeep (well.,.. buggy) and have a few beers with the boys.

Hope to see you on the trails.

Matty J

Godammit Matty, your accent is killing me man!! (oh wait, this was typed.....)

Matty, cheerio cheers and all that funky stuff!!

bravo :clap:

Your kidding me aren't you?

Pirate has plenty of drama, if you choose to read/participate in it.
I don't see the drama you are claiming there to be here.
A few people tossing turd around doesn't even raise an eyebrow on me.
Its that adult thing your brought up.

Don't be a XXXXing quitter.

:wantyou:

Wow! while i agree with some of the things matty touched on i still think that drama goes on where ever you go. Its just a matter of wether or not you chose to be a part of it or let it get to you. Sucks to see MAtty go and i know i only spoke to him all of 15 mins at Goatfest but i still thik hes a nice guy.

Where you are wrong Matty is NAXJA is way more than just a Jeep club to many people, I noticed this in the first 5 min of my first M&G. With this will come more bickering just like family. For a lot of people who just have their XJ for a hobby, NAXJA is a family, hell in the other club I belong to, there are no wrenching parties, or anything like that, good guy's yes, wheel way more, yes! but if I were in trouble, I would be calling one of my NAXJA Friends. Maybe because I am involved in so many different things that NAXJA means less to me than to others, I don't know, but I have become great friends with so many people from this "Club" in a short amount of time....Yes it is way different than Pirate!

I agree with Rich, NAXJA has become more than just a silly jeep club for alot of people, me included. Some of the best friends i've ever had come from this group. Well, everyone but Rick :D

well said Matty and I agree about the drama. the elections does give everyone a chance to air out all the concerns and complaints. There's obviously frustration between certain people rather than the chapter as a whole. The real problem is that it is FINALLY all coming out instead of being communicated and addressed when it started happening. Lots of passive aggressiveness happening where people complain about the threads yet no one actually clicks that "Report Post" icon except for one person. This goes back to the point that members should take some responsibility when they are given the tools and resources to help. IE, if you didn't click Report Post, don't complain about it later.

The highly motivating part of this election is that by having you and Cal on board, already will give us (the chapter) a chance to do some great things.

The other point is that the chapter is not doing that bad and it could be MUCH worse. People just tend to point out the negative things rather than the positives. Hell, go look at other Chapters activity. Look at their raffles. How many meet and greets do they do? How many wrenching parties? I think the SoCal chapter does pretty damn well for itself.

We just have to look at all the complaints, take some notes and help faciliate solutions to the critical issues. Not EVERY complaint requires action or has enough severity.

Reconsider dude.

You're quitting at the wrong time. A lot of the drama right now is just because of the elections and will calm down afterward. Give it six months, if everybody still has their panties in a bunch then we can find another treasurer / token aussie.

I bet you a twelve pack (a good one, I don't do shit beer!) that things will be a lot better here in six months time!

I will throw in a case betting that things will be much better!

Yeah, come one Matty!!! You are well liked on the boards (and in person). You have always been nothing but nice to me and everyone around. It would be ashame to lose you.

YOU CAN DO EEET!!!!

YOU CAN DO EEET!!!!

I wonder what that would sound like with Matty's accent??? :wierd:

C'mon Matty, you're already winning by a landslide! Don't back out now!!

honestly i feel the same as matty and dont blame him for wanting to quit, i just wish it was the other way around.....meaning the complainers would stop complaing or they could find another forum,......i feel like im in high school again:doh:

Back