• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF? (what the frankenstein?)

Why not just send D/C the VIN and have them print out all the info on the vehicle as so many have asked about before. I'm sure someone will be able to post up that link. Enter your VIN and they will tell you everything you wan to know.
You may even be ble to have your local Jeep dealer do the same since it's newer, give the service dept a call.

91Woody said:
Why not just send D/C the VIN and have them print out all the info on the vehicle as so many have asked about before. I'm sure someone will be able to post up that link. Enter your VIN and they will tell you everything you wan to know.
You may even be ble to have your local Jeep dealer do the same since it's newer, give the service dept a call.
The first number or letter of the last eight of the vin will be the year code.

1997 is V
1998 is W
1999 is X
2000 is Y

and then its the number. For instance 2001 is 1 and 2002 is 2 and so on.

okay, i'm back....i was gonna take some pics but then i decided i'd investigate first. the problem with the vin #'s is that i thought they didn't match up....it turns out the dealer just has really really really bad writing...the door jam sticker was scratched but it was just the serial number, which i found in the engine bay......AND THE RESULT IS:
kinda lame, it sure is a 99 cherokee, the model came up as an SE which came stock without a roof rack (i dunno why), and im pretty sure the owner before me must have taken the jeep emblem off the front when he resprayed it (again, i dunno why)

as for the "how dont you know? did you steal it?" quiestions, no, i wish i stole it so i couldve used the spare money on some better mods :thumbup: i just doubted the registration because of other peoples questions like the missing rack and the "square vs. round" debate that got cleared up on here.

thanks a lot for the responses

Back