• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Entry level Mig welder

Are you looking for gas shielded?

I have an older craftsman welder (I think its made by Century) that is flux core only. I've also used a Harbor Freight welder, but I didn't like it too much.

let me know if you're interested. I'm in Silver Spring, MD

I got one you could borrow. It is a harbor freight cheapy, I do exhaust and sheet work with it. Its 110V and fluxcore.

Are you looking for gas shielded?

I have an older craftsman welder (I think its made by Century) that is flux core only. I've also used a Harbor Freight welder, but I didn't like it too much.

let me know if you're interested. I'm in Silver Spring, MD

Gas would be nice but dont think it's required at my skill level?

I have a Craftsman 100amp arc i won in a raffle 20 years ago.. i'v used it twice.. lol

I got one you could borrow. It is a harbor freight cheapy, I do exhaust and sheet work with it. Its 110V and fluxcore.

John, i appreciate the offer. I think i found a Lincoln locally.

You can get the Harbor Freight cheapos for $79 on sale with a coupon.

Didnt realize they were that cheap, but something about HF and welders doesnt sound like a decent investment. Think i'd rather a lesser model from a better manufacturer.. follow me?

I found a Lincoln Weld Pak HD locally that needs a liner, i'm thinking this should suit me till i develop more skill.

Anyone have a favorite place to order Lincoln parts? The welder i picked up is discontinued and i'm not experienced enough to know if another models parts will work with mine.

What i need is a trigger and the curved steel section of the gun as well as the tips for a Weld Pak HD. Without having to buy the entire gun and cable assembly.

Call Lincoln.

Working on it, found the part# for trigger but it looks like i may have to order an entire gun and hose assembly just to aquire the "gooseneck" section of gun.

Awaiting word if these parts are WeldPak HD specific or if they have anything that will work.

Lincoln never got back to me. Called a local welding supply store in the city, all my parts are on order.. thanks.

What was the damage for the parts?

Stay away from Diamond Tool in Philly. Wrong parts for my welder and no assistance aquiring the correct ones for better than 3 months.

Emailed with a tech at Lincoln got me the correct parts i needed.

Reordered through AirGas. Took another month to get parts that were in stock and would ship the following day. At twice the cost..

Was starting to feel as though i wasnt supposed to have a mig welder. But i finally got the correct stuff and welder works.

Back