• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

woolys may 5th ride

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
TheChief and I are heading to woolys on sunday. I wanted to post up and let anyone know who might also wanna ride this weekend. I plan on getting there between 8 and 9.

Lets get it dirty then.

Yeah! I'd really like to see that thing out there. It looks like we'll have a Nissan hardbody pickup out there, too. My friend's kid got his first 4x4 and is itching to try it out.

there could be an awful lot of rain this weekend

If its pouring rain by the time I want to leave then I may stay home. If it is just wet then I will definitely be there.

You have a front locker now. You'll be able to do a lot more than you're used to. This is the last day off I'm gonna have for a long, long time. I'm not gonna waste it.

It's raining now, but I've been jonesing for a trail ride. I'm not gonna let a little weather scare me away. I've done at least part of every trail out there in a stock Xj on street tires in the rain! Plus, I need you to follow me around with your winch, Brian.... :D

We had a good time! Only one rig had to be pulled the whole day, and that was a stock ford ranger coming up some pretty big rocks. I finished off an already weak motor mount, but otherwise my pile did really well! Sparetire came along, and went pretty much anywhere he wanted, despite having his front swaybar connected and no lockers! His new rock sliders did some rock sliding, and protected his jeep well. This is one of the very few times I've done wooly's after a big rain and didn't have to be pulled out once! I really did miss my front locker, and bent my stock steering stuff. With that in mind, I'll try to swap over my locked front end with Zj steering sometime soon.

49C448C4-46B0-45F6-85EA-EB2E65E78F1F-219-0000000FD2721489_zpsa831a5b1.jpg

EF853C1A-7B87-405B-A3BF-75371F626CFB-219-0000000EFC28A90E_zps8964efc3.jpg

40EF1A13-F28B-4621-8BF7-A38F87886DB0-219-0000000F0626A591_zpsf731cc2d.mp4

More pics and videos to come, taken by others.

i think there might be more pics, and marcus is currently editing 12 gigs of HD video from his GoPro into a video of the good stuff. I'll post a link when he's done, as well as whatever the other guys upload.

I liked Marcus' video... He sent me a link earlier.
Reminds me of the "fun" days, of wheeling an open/open jeep...

Back