• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will be in Denver Aug 10-12

BlackXJ4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Fellas:

What the hell is there to do in Denver in the middle of the week? I am traveling for work and will be staying at the Doubletree on Quebec Street. Pretty close to the ballpark? Any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks,
Caleb

I am not from Colorado, but I do know a NICE Ball Park when I see one, and the Rockies Stadium is one of the nicest I have been in. I am a St.Louis Cardinals fan from birth, but the Rockies are a good team to root for, here is some info on there games:

10th vs PIT 7:05 PM
11th vs PIT 1:05 PM
12th vs WSH 7:05 PM

Swabe~

Hey Swabe,

I was in St. Louis a few weekends ago for the Cubs series. How much did that suck? I am a huge Card fan too! I was thinking of going to the Wednesday night game against the Pirates if anyone wants to try and get together...

caleb

IntrepidXJ said:
could always catch a ride with someone: ColoradoFest August 7th – 13th 2005

Would love to but I get there later Wednesday and leave Friday morning. Meetings Thursday :(

Wednesday Night is booked with the Memphis Redbirds AAA coming to town, down here in the Springs. I got to watch the little Redbirds Play this week.

Born and raised around the Birds, and did a 5 year Recruiting stint over on the East-side and had season tickets every year.. Blood runs Cardinal Red.

Swabe~

macs97XJ said:
Wednesday Night is booked with the Memphis Redbirds AAA coming to town, down here in the Springs. I got to watch the little Redbirds Play this week.

Born and raised around the Birds, and did a 5 year Recruiting stint over on the East-side and had season tickets every year.. Blood runs Cardinal Red.

Swabe~

That's great. They used to be in Louisville where I grew-up so I watched the Redbirds all the time.

Glad you made it out of the East-side by the way. Heard it can get pretty rough aroung them parts. Cardinals!

Pretty rough at times, I had 3 guns pulled on me while I was there, knocking on doors around 3-4am picking kids up to send off to bootcamp. knock knock, gun-his not going, roger that, sea ya. This chubby guy can move when I have to...lol

Swabe~

Take a cab to the REI store. Or walk.
See the Denver Aquarium.
Denver Museum of Nature and Science (IMAX theater)
Coors Field (baseball park)
6 Flags.
Dave & Busters.
Rent a car and go to Golden;
Coors brewery tours
Take the back road up to Lookout mountain
Ruth Chris steak house
LODO (bars & more bars)
Just to name a few...
Karl... ex-Denverite

16th Street Mall is a nice place to explore/shop. Water World is ranked 7th in the world for best water parks. 6 flags is closer to downtown though. Lots of clubs, bars, strip joints, and the like if you are interested in those sorts of things.

Someone mentioned something about it being fun to root for the Rockies? You must like to be disappointed? Dinger is fun to watch sometimes... COMON FOOTBALL!!!

Now, I know I am going to be ruffling some feathers on here, Football!

Well if there is a local team worth going to watch, someone like the Stl Rams, then I will pay to see them, but the local team, hmm what are they called the Donkey's? Well, I would rather not go.

ouch...that one stings a bit...lol

Swabe~

So far I think I am checking out the Flying Dog Brewery Wednesday afternoon and then the Rockies game that night. Thursday morning I am going to the IMAX or the Great Divide Brewery and then work. Friday I have to fly to Louisville for my Fantasy Football draft. Did somebody say football? Thank God...

Back