• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whos gonna travel the farthest.

Vince said:
In all fairness, I think the award should be based on the number of miles actually driven to the event in an XJ. I will probably be arriving in California so my mileage will be starting from Long Beach.
Naw. It should be based on the cost to get your XJ to Moab.

How much was that container costing you? :D

a very long 465 miles for me. i liked the 250ish miles i did back in 06 a lot better.

Last edited:
DrMoab said:
Naw. It should be based on the cost to get your XJ to Moab.

How much was that container costing you? :D
I try not to think about stuff like that.

Last edited:
What if you bring 2 xjs with the plan to wheel both?

1504 miles from fort wayne, IN...do you get to multiply by 2

mac '3008' gyvr

lobsterdmb said:
It only counts if he actually has a jeep to wheel...

if he isnt driving his own junk he gets my beotch seat and splits the fuel cost with me... i am NOT looking forward to paying the fuel cost for a V8 CJ5 for that distance...

Boatwrench said:
Tow Mike, tow!!!!!

That many miles in a CJ5 will surely do your kidneys in!

nothing to tow it with... and i find some sort of sick satisfaction with driving my junk across the country to wheel it and then drive it home...

79 miles from my front door. :moon:

mingo said:
79 miles from my front door. :moon:

And I was happy I only have to go 360!

1991 miles ,30 hrs. From Va.
I haven,t decided but I,m leaning to the west.
Wayne

1109.23 miles from my door to the city limits of Moab. it calls for like 16 plus hours, but seeing how the wife is going...make that a cool 20+ hours.

Looks like about 2123 from Jacksonville FL, Damn 31 hours of Drive time.

For those who have made the trip:

I'm leaving from Ohio after picking up my brother.

I-80 across or I-70 across?

The computer has basically the same mileage and time. Is one way better than the other?

I've only done the drive once before and I took the I-70 based on the recommendations of others that have done both. I can't remember the reason why they said it was better. Maybe it was traffic in the city areas at commuter times.

Back