• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's Coming?

looks like the only airport in the area my cheapskate ass can afford to fly into is ORD. Thanks though.

Where is ORD? Not ringing a bell.

Chicago, sorry. I'm not used to people who don't know airport codes for one reason or another :eyes:

It looks like I will probably be arriving Friday evening with my brother, in his Honda, and leaving Sunday. If there are no extra jeep seats available, I will raise the bacon/beer bribe quantities until there are...

He doesn't own a jeep, never will probably, and makes fun of me for mine, but had a blast last time we went wheeling right before he left for his new job in Chicago.

I'll be driving through Chicago on my way down. But I'll also be going through Chicago either on Wed or Thurs.

Crossing my fingers to finally meet you. I owe you a beer or two.

flights are booked and I have a ride down, and another person to hold down a seat (if anyone has a spare one.)

I'll be in Chicago through Tuesday afternoon as well if anyone wants to hit the bars.

Chicago, sorry. I'm not used to people who don't know airport codes for one reason or another :eyes:

It looks like I will probably be arriving Friday evening with my brother, in his Honda, and leaving Sunday. If there are no extra jeep seats available, I will raise the bacon/beer bribe quantities until there are...

He doesn't own a jeep, never will probably, and makes fun of me for mine, but had a blast last time we went wheeling right before he left for his new job in Chicago.

I will be heading down Friday afternoon some time if you want to convoy, we can meet on 41 somewhere depending on the route your taking

looks like the only airport in the area my cheapskate ass can afford to fly into is ORD. Thanks though.

check columbus or akron.
both of those airports generally have lower fares/fees

I will be driving right past the columbus airport on my way there. Akron is a bit of a dtour in the wrong direction, but I'm sure we can work something out.

I will be passing through columbus weds afternoon probably about 2PM.

It would be interesting to pull the box truck+trailer into the pickup lane.

flights are booked and I have a ride down, and another person to hold down a seat (if anyone has a spare one.)

I'll be in Chicago through Tuesday afternoon as well if anyone wants to hit the bars.

I think he has a flight booked and a ride to Attica gents...if I'm reading that right?

Just wants a place to ride for wheelin...I think I'm only bringing one rig and the wife is coming, so my junk is full.

mac 'but I have only slept 3 hours' gyvr

I don't need to know this. Really. I don't. More and more reasons for me to get off my butt and at least replace the harmonic balancer on my Heep.

CharlesS' brother has been coming with him to the Fall Fling for the last few years. He might have an XJ by now.

Looks like I 'll have an extra seat. Still need to see if dad is gonna come up and ride along.

I think he has a flight booked and a ride to Attica gents...if I'm reading that right?

Just wants a place to ride for wheelin...I think I'm only bringing one rig and the wife is coming, so my junk is full.

mac 'but I have only slept 3 hours' gyvr
correct sir. I land at like 3:30 local, figure I'll probably be in attica around 7-8. Just looking for a seat for me and a seat for my bro (don't need to be in the same truck, even) - as I said before, whatever works out, I'll do whatever I need to.

I don't need to know this. Really. I don't. More and more reasons for me to get off my butt and at least replace the harmonic balancer on my Heep.

CharlesS' brother has been coming with him to the Fall Fling for the last few years. He might have an XJ by now.
You'd be trailering right? I will bring a harmonic balancer and all the tools to install it if you want. I don't think I've gone to a single NAXJA event where I didn't end up fixing jeeps and donating parts, might as well continue the tradition.

I'm planning on bringing tshirts, long shirts, carhartts, workboots, lots o beer, some variety of tent... lots of water too. If my brother's honda had a trailer hitch I'd pick up some firewood and we'd haul it down too.

- Ken "who wants to see a Honda stuck in a campground" Stein

Yes, I'd be trailering. I'd much prefer to change the balancer in the comfort of my own heated garage. No problems repairing trail damage, this should be fixed before I roll again.

In addition to warm clothes, bring rain gear, especially rubber boots.

- Ken "who wants to see a Honda stuck in a campground" Stein

I've showed up in a camry to MWC wheeling events. It's all good.

make sure you bring extra socks and another pair of boots. for reals. if it rains everything will be a wet sloppy mess.

and bibs ARE the official campfire attire.

rain gear, extra socks and boots... got it.

I would offer fireworks but I already read they aren't wanted at the campground, and I think the TSA would take a dim view of such things anyways.

People shouldn't be too broke to afford stuff from where they work. The whole "they don't pay me enough to buy what I make for them" is bs.

Back