• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is in?

Remember there is a pretty good hotel just a few miles down the road...

There is a fairly new Holiday Inn in Harlan and then there is the Cumberland Inn in Cumberland.

Alternator(once again thank you Jason and Carmine, and Brad and unibuddy for going to town to get a new one), slashed tire, and broken lower control arm mount (thank you Glenn for towing me back).

Weak compared to others, but I didn't get to see much of the park on Saturday. Which is what Ed's run is.

Hindsight 20-20, I should have done Ed's run on Friday, then done moderate on Saturday.

Still deciding on what to run. Probably easy, Ed's run, then moderate.

Ben, moderate is challenging, but lots of fun and very rewarding.

No problem.... It is why we wheel with a group of like minded people IMHO.

It's really hard to go back after being spoiled by a cabin!

I disagree, did a cabin one year. I have yet to do it again. Of course cost and budget are a factor for me.

Matt you were very impressive on Friday, conquering those trails with small bald ATs! You learned what Harlan "bump it" really meant!

Matt you need no sort of redemption! You kicked some ass and we had a blast.

Has anyone invented time travel yet? Can't we make it be July NOW? Maybe if I put on some clean undies and dance around under the moon...

No problem.... It is why we wheel with a group of like minded people IMHO.

I disagree, did a cabin one year. I have yet to do it again. Of course cost and budget are a factor for me.

It costs almost exactly the same amount to stay in the big lodge as it does primitive camping in a tent for one person if you can fill the cabin with the 13 people... Now, if it were just yourself the big cabin would be super expensive at $220 per night!

Heat, A/C, fully furnished kitchen, real beds, TV, Hot Tub and a roof... or a tent.

Where in St Louis are you? I have relatives in Imperial, Fenton, and St Louis. Please figure out a way to bring a few dozen Concretes from Ted Drewes!!!!

I have lived all over Stl. but mainly I Grew up in Fenton,moved back at 22, Lived in the Dog town area of Stl. for a while and owned my first house in East Stl. for a few years.
I moved us to Webster groves for the school district when my daughter got to school age.

Last year we bought a house on a dead end in Imperial, by Shady Valley In the hills and trees , I love living in jefferson county and might just stay here indefinitely!
I can have fires and shoot in my back yard and people 'round here make moonshine!

I shot a few times in East Stl. too lol, and I had plenty of bonfires there until some people that disagreed with me strongly torched my place.
That's the east side for you though.

I want an arb Fridge freezer so maybe I can bring some Concretes I have never tried to freeze and eat later but I know they are just the ticket in the hot Humid jungles like Ky or Mo
Nothing says STL. Like ted Drews , Toasted ravioli's or Gus's Sezitza pretzels.
Have you ever had hot wings at Poor Richards in Fenton ?
They are ridiculously good!

I can't wait for this trip I haven't been to Ky in years I used to wander around before I had a kid, I left home at 17 and spent 5 years out west mainly in Co and some to the south.

I actually lived in Clarksville, Tn for A couple years right on the border of Ky and once when I was a kid for my grandfathers family reunion.
the weather and terrain reminded me a lot of Mo.

Stayed with family in North Vegas NV, Elpaso Tx and Ca for short stints.

I am a wanderer and we took trips to CO and CA all the time growing up.
Sometimes I listen to that Paul Simon song and think it would be nice to just get on the bug gus !

Prolly shoulda been a trucker!

I want an arb Fridge freezer so maybe I can bring some Concretes I have never tried to freeze and eat later but I know they are just the ticket in the hot Humid jungles like Ky or Mo
Nothing says STL. Like ted Drews , Toasted ravioli's or Gus's Sezitza pretzels.
Have you ever had hot wings at Poor Richards in Fenton ?
They are ridiculously good!

I have indeed. My grandma lived right off Lemay Ferry Rd and I have an aunt and uncle in Fenton and another aunt and uncle in Imperial. Then my great aunt still lives in St Louis. We were there last December and then in August 2012 and I miss it so much!

And Ted Drewes freezes up well for reuse.

It costs almost exactly the same amount to stay in the big lodge as it does primitive camping in a tent for one person if you can fill the cabin with the 13 people... Now, if it were just yourself the big cabin would be super expensive at $220 per night!

Heat, A/C, fully furnished kitchen, real beds, TV, Hot Tub and a roof... or a tent.

Yes... but I have two others I have to pay for... plus I'm old and you are young.... If I pay for a cabin I prefer it to be for me and my hellions! IDK just my preferences. :laugh3:

LoL, I wrote that long ass post when I was tipsy last night but at least its coherent.

043500 If your ever going to be in town and want to go on a run H.M.U. and I am seriously going to see if I can bring some concretes!
(no promises yet though)

Awesome to hear you guys love your Arb fridge/freezers we pretty much get 1 new accessory for each trip, this year it was a Campchef stove/Oven for W.F. and the XJ trailer for the anniversary at Moab.

I'm thinking 33's for WF and the freezer for the 15th event, and definitely fans or something to cool the Rtt a bit, I know what its like camping in a humid area in July!

Last edited:
Im in itll be my first time in harlan
I have a couple freinds who would be interested in doing this event that are non xj whats the consensus on that

Last edited:
I have a couple freinds who would be interested in doing this event that are non xj whats the consensus on that

Bring them. We love XJ's but run what you bring. Silas brings his Toyota with a 4.3 every year! :D

We are a wheel it group in the SEC....

Bring them. We love XJ's but run what you bring. Silas brings his Toyota with a 4.3 every year! :D

What he said..... :conceited

I know I'm not the only feeling this way or the only to easy it, but IS IT JULY YET??? Although I can't wait till WF14 either...

I know I'm not the only feeling this way or the only to easy it, but IS IT JULY YET??? ...

My kids ask me this every day!!!!

Carmine and I (CABZ) went for the first time earlier this year and every day since we've been back we say this!

IS IT JULY YET!!

Cool I same response I got from nac but I still wanted to ask

Right on man! Stop by the big cabin by the office when you get there and say hello! We will be the ones with the most bacon!

Right on man! Stop by the big cabin by the office when you get there and say hello! We will be the ones with the most bacon!

Challenge accepted.

Back