• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which rock rails....

I haven't even got my baby together yet, but I bought a front winch bumper from Terry at Rigidco. I have to say that the strength of mounting system and the quality of fabrication are outstanding.

90KrawlerXJ said:
I haven't even got my baby together yet, but I bought a front winch bumper from Terry at Rigidco. I have to say that the strength of mounting system and the quality of fabrication are outstanding.

not related at all

back on topic...
i am fine with having no rocker protection... i really could care less if rocks hit me there - but then again - some people want thier rigs to look nice...

I was going to get some of AJ's rock rails (tough and they look good!), but after my driver's side rocker panel being pushed up about an inch, I think I'll just cut the panels out and replace them with some 1/4" wall rectangular box tubing. I'm not going for looks either, I just want to insure that I'll be able to open my doors..... :laugh3:

Considering my first XJ was totalled by a Soccer Mom. Add to that, events that have transpired over the last week. I don't care about the rocks. I am more concerned with other drivers. I want to build a Jeep that I can have fun with and won't be totalled. Somthing indestrucable. I will start with AJ and finish with a friend of mine building an Exo-cage.

Later
Jason

I too dig the DetoursUSA rails, but they are useless if you have already integrated any sort of sleeving, or longarm brackts that tie to the outer frame rail... like mine pictured here:
Hope the pic works. And yes, I'm aware that the jam nut is loose in that pic, lol, before any of you start flaming me.
342%3C467923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2344%3D739%3D%3A78%3DXROQDF%3E2323777%3A%3B7463ot1lsi

XJ_ranger said:
not related at all

back on topic...
i am fine with having no rocker protection... i really could care less if rocks hit me there - but then again - some people want thier rigs to look nice...

some people like to be able to open their doors too.

Back