• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is Everyone from?

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Yu€# ya can alvays0{ell thÔ%NEeasterner, txdy @LWAøP give distances in TIME and not miles :D :D and it always varies with the time0G d`y..®

I know this chapter spans a pretty large area and I thought it would be cool to see who is here and where we are all from, maybe help give an idea for a convienient M&G place in the future.
So who are you? are where are you from??

I'll go first. I'm Tom and am from Andover MA, which is in the NorthEastern part of Mass just minutes away from the NH border.

Hi, I'm Seth, I'm a Jeepaholic. (Hi Seth!...) :)
Sorta Central Maine. 45 minutes north of Portland, 40 minutes south of Augusta

I'm about 10 miles South of Alton Bay, NH. 30-40 minutes from Portsmouth and 1 hour from Portland, ME. Still new to the area and know no trails.

Copperhead

I'm near the Delaware River in western NJ, about an hour and half from Paragon, an hour and a half from Rausch Creek, an hour and a half to the Pine Barrens, a little over two hours to the Eagle's nest, 4-5 to North Adams or Westfield, MA, 5 to GW National Forest in VA (12 to the Badlands in Indiana, 32 to Ouray, and 33 to Moab).

I get around a lot! :D

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Representing the far southern reaches of NAC in Bristow, VA (bout 30 miles south west of washington dc)

hmmm...all these MA and ME boys make me wonder if I see a civil war bout to break out....

Skorpyo said:
hmmm...all these MA and ME boys make me wonder if I see a civil war bout to break out....
Membership grows a bit, maybe it'll be time for a civil war...something like VA, MD, WV and Southern PA seceeding from NAC =) Break it up into Mid-Atlantic and New England chapters or something.

Hagerstown, Maryland here, but about to move to Shanghai, WV, about 10 minutes from Winchester, VA. as soon as my new house is finished.

Perhaps an eventual split, warranting enough population and interest, of course, into the New England (NY and points North) and Mid-Atlantic Chapters might be in order, leaving our non-existent Canadian Maritime membership to fend for itself. Back to the matter at hand...

Hi, I'm Mark, formerly of Deptford, NJ (NJ Turnpike exit 3, a Philadelphia suburb, I suppose.) I moved to MO last fall, but am still serving as Treasurer for the NAC. My Jeep fetish started with my '97 XJ Sport, which I purchased new in January '97. It remained stock until the beginning of '00, when I lifted it 3" as part of an engineering project in college. I purchased a '01 XJ Limited with my fiance (now my wife) shortly before graduating in '01, and it serves as her DD. The '97 jumped to 4" in that time period, at which point I rolled it in Tellico at NAXJA's Cherokee Crawl. I subsequently bought my '87 MJ Pioneer as a new DD, and made a matching trailer from a partially wrecked '88 MJ. Peterbuilt & I fixed the XJ and raised it to 5.5" the following winter and it debuted at NAC-Fest '02 with the trailer in tow. In the fall of '02 I purchased a '89 MJ Eliminator in need of some TLC, and have yet to do any repairs. My XJ stayed in that configuration until this past autumn, shortly before the 20th Anniversary event in Moab and my relocation west, when I made a hurried, yet massive transformation to 8" on 35's with heavier duty driveline and axles. I didn't make it to Moab, and it currently sits in my garage awaiting completion. I purchased a '97 GMC Suburban K2500 turbodiesel to replace the '87 MJ as a DD and tow rig shortly before the move, but I haven't been able to part with the MJ. Will this disease ever be cured? Not likely... I have plans to finish the '87 MJ restoration, repair the '89 MJ and make it into a rally truck, make a 4-door MJ from the trailer and an as-yet undetermined XJ carcass, and of course, finish and wheel my XJ. My wife's XJ may get some modifications as time allows.

A bit long winded, I know, but that's my Jeepography.

King of Prussia, PA-20 mins west of Philly, 1:40 from Paragon. Used to live in Baltimore, MD. kept the MD tags because insurance is cheaper in MD. Insurance agent for health and life working half the state of PA from Philly to Chambersburg. Juice

clint... from wernersville pa, 30 mins to reading, 45 mins to hershey, 60 mins from paragon...

97 xj 2dr, sport, 2" lift, 31" BFG KO's, Mako hood stand-off kit, hella 550's
98 zj laredo stock for now.... dont tell the wife...lol

I'm in a 'burb of New Haven, CT, about 75 miles from NYC and 135 miles from Boston. I'm very centrally located -- traffic on I-95 sucks and it takes forever for me to get anywhere. :dunno:

Eagle said:
it takes forever for me to get anywhere. :dunno:
use this more:
cam1.jpg

:looney:

i'm mike.. western mass, i'm lucky enough to have alot of great wheeling spots close to home.. too bad i cant get many NAXJA guys out here to wheel.. :wave: :wave: im 30 minutes from hartford, 1 hour from Vt, 90 minutes from Boston...... and 35 (cd-playin,CB-talkin,butt-hurtin,mountain dew-drinkin,90 mph cause i got too far to go to go slow) hours from MOAB..

mike

I'm Nick, in Princeton, NJ (trenton area) during the summer, and I go to school at Villanova University, right next to king of prussia, and close to philly.

Back