• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is Everyone from?

haverhill MA
soon to me in NH, but still in the aria

w90p1.jpg

Hail from the great state of New Jersey, about 4 miles east of Camden. Started wheeling, again, when I bought my 97 XJ Sport. Like most, I don't get out near as much as I would like to. But, always trying.

hampton roads area. by way of mo, ar, tn, ks, il, md, pa, ny, sc. travel MPT working on orthopedics, going to be a cutter. oh yeah, jeep xj with stuff. good i cant wait to leave this area. they think the beach is wheelin and triple edge wipers are a big mod.

-jpx3

Annapolis, Maryland.

The Drinking town with a Sailing Problem.

The home of the United States Naval Academy.

...by way of NC, PA, CO, and NJ...and my XJ carried me the whole way.

I even drive it to work in downtown DC, although some parking garages around here are a no-go...not to mention my non-op air conditioning. Brutal during a DC summer.

DJ

hey fourwhldrv, used to live in downtown annapolis, a condo on spa creek across the drawbridge called Newport. behind the benz dealer. friggin loved it down there. the babes on boats in ego alley and drinking at pussers in the marriot dockside. you ever make it down there ask for mcgyver and a painkiller #3 (there are four levels as of last summer).

-

jpx3 said:
hampton roads area. by way of mo, ar, tn, ks, il, md, pa, ny, sc. travel MPT working on orthopedics, going to be a cutter. oh yeah, jeep xj with stuff. good i cant wait to leave this area. they think the beach is wheelin and triple edge wipers are a big mod.

-jpx3
But triple edge wipers ARE a BIG mod!!! *LMAO*

And the beach is wheelin!!!!! At least for me now....

Hi I'm wyn and I'm an addict.........

Newport News Va here!!!! (hope this is the right chapter.)

Jeeper-Thomas said:
I am from North Germany!
Well I guess NAC is bigger than I thought, I forgot about Europe on the other side of the pond! (still counts, right? It's by the northern part of the Atlantic! :laugh3: )

jpx3 said:
hey fourwhldrv, used to live in downtown annapolis, a condo on spa creek across the drawbridge called Newport. behind the benz dealer. friggin loved it down there. the babes on boats in ego alley and drinking at pussers in the marriot dockside. you ever make it down there ask for mcgyver and a painkiller #3 (there are four levels as of last summer).

-

When you say the bridge over Spa Creek by the Benz Dealer, you mean the Compromise St./6th St. Bridge, yes?

I used to live in Eastport section of A-town as well, right on the corner of Bayridge Avenue and Burnside Street on the block next to the "Clipper" (which has been bought out and is still a bar, just another name). Less than 2 blocks up Burnside St. from where you're talking about living.

I now live more in the 'burbs over by Quietwaters Park on a nice quiet backwater. Not stumbling distance from downtown anymore...oh well. I didn't frequent Pusser's much. Usually Griffs, McGarvey's, or the RamsHead.

Were you still living in Annapolis when we (Eastport) seceded from Annapolis Proper? The Compromise St. Bridge was going to be closed for repairs for an extended period, so the Eastporters decided to use a unique marketing campaign to keep interest in Eastport Businesses...we officially broke ties with Annapolis. We elected a government, and they officially handed over the documents of secession to the Mayor and the Governor in the State House; then they had a bunch of Revolutionary War re-enactors fire rifle and cannon vollies over towards Annapolis from the hill in the YachtClub Parking lot by the bridge (as the "Eastport Air Force" flew overhead). Boom! We're free! We all flew special Eastport versions of the "Don't Tread on Me" flags.

We have a tug-of-war across Spa Creek with Annapolis every year for "ownership" of the Creek. I can't remember if that started the year they closed the bridge or not, but as you can see...I still consider myself an Eastporter!

Hey good to hear from another Nap-towner.

Take care,
DJ

Back