• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what's your favorite drink?

what's your drink?

• whiskey

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • vodka

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • rum

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • beer

Votes: 40 44.4%
  • wine/champagne

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • moonshine

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I like a good flavorful beer.

As far as hard liquor goes, bourbon w/ coke, gin & tonic, whiskey straight or with some soda or soda water. I second the votes for tequila shots with lime. Yes you can drink tequila without wanting to get smashed and feel fine the next day. Try something better (Sauza is ok) than low grade Jose Cuervo. Unless tequila says its pure agave, its 49% low grade rum or grain liquor anyway.

Don't like rum-sorry Captain, vodka (unless its expensive/Russian and tastes like water) white wine, or that nasty coffee liquor that makes you feel like crap the next day.

Last edited:
a couple Pints of Guinness......when i can afford it...shit just aint any good bottled/canned..

otherwise MGD when the budgets real tight....

and Jack is a good friend every now and again....
Maier

Crown and coke?! Crown and Dr Pepper?! It's Rye and Ginger Ale (Crown or CC). But, I will always go for Guinness. Nector of the gods.

The Tequilla comments are true for CHEAP tequilla.
It's like saying red wine is bad cause you got sick on Mad Dog.
Chilled Caba Wabo (chilled in the freezer, not with ice) is as smooth as any hard liquor you'll find.

kubtastic said:
2nd on the single malt scotch. Anything smoother and stronger?

Not much smoother that's affordable than a MacCallan. 12 is $45, 18 is $80+ a bottle and 25 is $250+ a bottle.

The Balvenie Doublewood is pretty smooth. It's got a sweet finish from spending it's life in 2 different casks.

The MacCallan's are aged in used Sherry casks. That's how it gains some of it's flavor and color.

NOW... when it comes to beer other than a pint of Guinness, SHINER BOCK out of Texas. Elixer of the Hops Gods.

Personally I like Captian Morgan.
3448559923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2334%3D%3C8%3A%3D324%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A563298%3C%3Bot1lsi

ECKSJAY said:
I stole mine.

thanks for the empty bottle...biotch....:D

5 cents in oregon....543 more cans and bottles and I'm good to go...:D

HIGHLY disapointed to see that "GIN", the choice of true alcoholics everywhere, was not an option...

kid4lyf said:
The Tequilla comments are true for CHEAP tequilla.
It's like saying red wine is bad cause you got sick on Mad Dog.
Chilled Caba Wabo (chilled in the freezer, not with ice) is as smooth as any hard liquor you'll find.

x2
Except I'm a bit more partial to Patron

Grey Goose and Red Bull baby!!!

cpt morgan and dr pepper

crown and coke

take your pick

Geez - if you want to get into mixed, try 5-alarms.

5 drops of Tabasco in the bottom of a shot glass (more or less to taste - but 5 is considered "correct.")
Pour in one shot of Hot Damn! 100 by DeKuyper's.

Slam.

I've killed whole bottles of Tabasco this way... Doing it with the green Tabasco is even better!

5-90

Jim Beam or Jack Daniels with 7-up.

5-90 said:
Geez - if you want to get into mixed, try 5-alarms.

5 drops of Tabasco in the bottom of a shot glass (more or less to taste - but 5 is considered "correct.")
Pour in one shot of Hot Damn! 100 by DeKuyper's.

Slam.

I've killed whole bottles of Tabasco this way... Doing it with the green Tabasco is even better!

5-90

Why do people always try to do stuff like this (and get me involved).

I prefer to actually enjoy my alcolhol.

Nobody comes close to my tolerance for hot stuff anyway.

Guinness, Killians, or almost any German dark. After that an American bock - Shiner is good. A little smoother is the amber version. Went off bourbon after my 21st birthday. A good - read "good" - gin: nothing lower than Tanqueray (Boodles or Bombay preferred), on the rocks, no lime. Anybody tried the re-release of Plymouth?

Depends, at home or at the camp site....good micro brew

at the bar/club......IRISH CAR BOMB baby!

Back in the younger days, it was all about 7&7.

Back