• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What ya gotta get done before WF?

If you can drive it over here we can check it out this weekend. Maybe between the two of us we can figure it out.

I honestly did not think of that........I'll get with you tomorrow about this! Thanks Mike!

just made myself a list today

-finish rock rails DONE
-trim fenders DONE
-trim bumper DONE
-replace both unit bearings DONE
-take out trail spare axle shafts and install new shafts/ujoints DONE
-paint bottom half of jeep Primed. painting tomorrow
-probably extend bumpstops DONE
-find a spare tire DONE

-custom flares In process

I have been on a huge push to finish my build, but one of my best friends died suddenly yesterday :'( and I am not sure if I am going to have the time to get it done. His service may hit one of the days of the event too.

I have been on a huge push to finish my build, but one of my best friends died suddenly yesterday :'( and I am not sure if I am going to have the time to get it done. His service may hit one of the days of the event too.

Sorry to hear that man, this is just a stupid Jeep event that is way more important!

Found out service is that Saturday but should be able to make Friday at least. Still need driveshafts rear shock mounts and bump stops though.

Well so far the local shop can't figure out what's going on with my brakes either. Ill be really bummed if I can't bring the XJ.

Good call Justin, I'll text him now!

After a long day, the jeep is ready for winterfest. Tools are packed.

All I have to do is pack clothes, go-pro and camera.

I still need to mount my fire extinguisher, which I'm welding my 'holder' to the cage and I ran out of Argon today, so that will wait till Monday.

I need to get my trailer in and thawed tomorrow, check bearings and tire pressure.

Pack clothes Tuesday, leave Wednesday.

revised list of doom:
- Tow vehicle capable of getting there and maybe back if I'm lucky. -DONE

- Steering upgrade -DONE

- Stiffeners welded in - DONE

- New belt - DONE

- Install starter - DONE

- trans pan gasket - DONE

- pinion seal on 8.25 -DONE

- oil change -DONE

- spark plugs - DONE

- gear box - not doing

- oil pressure sender - DONE

- axle shaft u-joint x2

- front ds u-joint

- modify tcase skid

- mount passenger seat

- alignment

- paint lower half of jeep

- misc crap not worth mentioning

trailer:

- mount two new trailer tires

- repack trailer bearings

tow vehicle:

- glow plugs

- alternator

- steering column

- window regulator

Every year it seems like I'm running right down to the wire.

Just about ready to toss the jeep on the trailer and start packing for Wednesday. This morning is rear brakes on the beast and then off to a friends house with the van and trailer for a front tire swap and an alignment. Finally check the bearings and wiring on the trailer and call it good.
With a snow storm coming in Tuesday through late Wednesday I just hope to be leaving on Wednesday.

Also had to replace the water pump on the beast last night. Noticed a small leak and figured I had better replace it in the garage instead of the campground.

Done w 3 link took me longer to get the stock uca bushing out than it did for me to build everything else

Back