• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

and its all fixed

Good news: Ordered the Vanco Big Brake kit today. :spin1:

Bad news: It's on backorder for a few weeks while a new batch of steering knuckles is being machined. :mad:

Headed over to Diamond Offroad Customs to see if he had any 5-760x u-joints in stock. I figure I'll replace 'em while the axles are out since they're 7.5 years old. So we're poking around under the Jeep to see what else might need some attention...

Good news: ball joints look to be fine. Will know more once I actually have them apart.

Bad news: passenger side unit bearing is shot. Very wobbly. As in "really shouldn't be driving on it, sure hope you make it home" wobbly. And I was only doing about 75 mph on the way over there. :scared: It wasn't like that 6 weeks ago when I put new tires on. Now, it looks like I'll be replacing unit bearings too. :mad:

He didn't have unit bearings in stock. So, I ordered them from Advance Auto. Broke down and ordered ball joints too. They're just as old as the unit bearings (probably original). Might as well replace them too while I'm there. :rolleyes:

Suddenly, this brake upgrade is going from expensive to really expensive. And that's not even counting the cost of beer! :doh:

Drove mine to the movies, the new Star Trek movie ROCKS!!!!
:party:

Best one going all the way back to the TV series in 1964!!!! Yes I am dating myself, LOL. My son and I finally took a work break to see it.

The previews and trailers do it no justice at all!!

So You Know How When You Turn And Let The Wheel Go It Usually Tries To Go Straight Again? Well When I Turn Left It Straightens Out Fine, But When I Turn Right And Let The Wheel Go It Keeps Turning Right lol

Not sure why

I guess it just wants to go the right way?:rolleyes:

Should have bought new pads to go with my fresh axle rebuild.
ena4uta6.jpg

FYI down the road from me is an MJ that has been sitting for 2+years... he has the bed just full of junk... has not moved since I noticed it. He might have and sell parts you may need?

Back