• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

If Its Starving For Fuel, Why The Backfires?

You said the plugs showed it running lean, that is why I mentioned fuel starvation, as in dirty injectors, poor atomization, low fuel pressure due to a flow restriction under load, if the fuel does not burn under extreme lean conditions I guess it could backfire in the exhaust? But that is a good question. I am not sure, doing some guessing here based on the lean plug reading!!!

Could be one lean cylinder and a rich one at the same time for all I know at this point? Injector wiring connector issue coming and going? I found one on mine after 6 years that was causing the slight miss that elluded me for 6 years, LOL.

ordered shocks

and a replacement trim piece for the rear hatch

I Plan On Pulling All The Plugs Soon, Less Than 2000 Miles On Them... Thinking About The Mustang Injectors, I Heard They Are A Drop In Improvement.

Going to try and steal a late model front end from flores, if he still have it

you can have the crappy ass one off my 97 since youre all "i do body work" now

LOL!!!

998748_535550899813801_2116751902_n.jpg

Well I finally got around to installing my steering brace and flushing the cooling system hopefully it will help with the jeep running a little on the hotter side. Tomorrow I am gonna install new leaf spring bushings and some stock chevy shackles to lift the rear a little due to my rear springs beginning to sag.

Last edited:
Made A 5/16 Extension For My Ba10's Drain Plugs. Only Having A Hand File Sux, I Need A Grinder. Works Like A Charm Though. Gonna Drain And Refill Tomorrow :)

I am doing a study on fouling of 4.0 spark plugs in my 87.

Back