• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Nope never talked to him... just drive past it onmy way home... I bet he'd sell but I doubt it runs.

The last time I went and looked at a truck for a guy from Dallas area he asked me to deal for him. I dealt and the guy came down to what he wanted. We setup a sale and the guy never showed. The owner down here was pretty upset with me... don't want that to happen again.

I'd go with you but I won't get involved :( sorry.

yju6utu4.jpg

Great....

I flushed out the cooling system and put in a new thermostat in mine yesterday. Need to finish filling it and burping the system today. Then back to working on the Mini.

Bought some Bosch and champion copper plugs to try out on my problem cylinders.

Cleaned up all the bad grounds at the negative battery clamp on the 89, it was causing sudden death syndrome, and the AC clutch was not engaging once hot. They had corroded sitting up while the steering and body repairs were done the prior 12 months. labor 20 minutes, parts zero!!!

Last edited:
In the middle of putting down boom mat insulation and using the aresol version to reduce cabin temperatures.

I need to pick EcoMike's brain about a few ideas with my Renix.

poped one of the spark plugs out because im getting nasty backfires... shows lean... o2 sensor maybe?

or fuel starvation.

Back