• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

ymaha8e3.jpg

Sanded all my chalky paint and rust off then primed it so it wouldnt rust.

Found The Source Of The Strange Groaning And Creaking Under My Hood When I Turn...

IMG_20130507_182250_167_zps48803de7.jpg

What I Believe Is My Ds Track Bar Mount Decided That It Wants To Be Loose And Move Around When I Turn

89 2wd AW4 rear seal is now leak free!!!!! :clap:

Now it has a RMS oil leak.:doh:

:( That Sux...

Are There Going To Be Any Negative Effects Of My Frame Side Track Bar Mount Being Loose That I Should Be Wary of

I finally dropped my front driveshaft off to get rebuilt.

Finally Got Around To Wiring Up A Stock Renix Fan That Jeep forgot To Install Back In 1987... It'll Have To Do Until I Get The volvo/Taurus fan

Put my front driveshaft back in so it is now a real Jeep again.

Topped off the oil too. Guess its burning oil now too, just like my Volkswagen.

Put my front driveshaft back in so it is now a real Jeep again.

Topped off the oil too. Guess its burning oil now too, just like my Volkswagen.

Lol...I took my front out the week after ROM with that exact intention. Still haven't dropped it off for rebalancing yet. feelsbadman.gif

Nothing, just drove it :clap: and worked on the Saturn, pulled the AC compressor and exhaust manifold to do a carbon build up enema on the head, Exh-manifold and second air injection....EGR system to get rid of codes. New AC compressor is next. Inspection due this month.

My 87 dry bearing noise is gone, the one at 3/4 WOT between 10 and 20 mph in 2nd gear I mentioned last month.

Seems the transfer case just wanted a lube job, it was low on fluid. I must have under filled it when I swapped AW4s in 2011, by not having it level, or it has a small leak.

Finally got around to installing those in-cab winch controls like I've been planning for years. :yelclap:

As with previous electrical projects, I replaced the LEDs in the Carling Contura switches with turquoise ones to match the stock XJ interior illumination color, and used the laser-etched rockers from OTRATTW.

IMG_6343.jpg

But this time, I replaced the ON-state LEDs with super-bright red ones to really emphasize when the winch is "ON".

IMG_6344.jpg

And just to be different, I added some LEDs to the grill to illuminate the winch at night. I don't recall the last time I actually had to use the winch in the dark but should the need arise, now I'm ready.

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

Back