• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Installed a set of H4 headlight inserts and upgraded the harness. I haven't even tried them out if the dark yet though. Maybe I'll go do that.

The Jeep got a package... Two more deliveries to go.
biggrin.gif

tease.jpg

HOLY LARGE PHOTO.....what is it??

HOLY LARGE PHOTO.....what is it??

Ill show you guys, once everything else comes in and I put it all on. :)

The Jeep got another package. :D Hopefully I get can it running by the end of the weekend. But the wait continues for the next BIG delivery.

IMG_20110105_164110.jpg

YES get it done so u can come on the 16-17th for our work day/M&G

YES get it done so u can come on the 16-17th for our work day/M&G

Workin on it! Thinking I'll finish up the tcase tomorrow night. I plan on putting it in on Saturday.

DSC_0256.jpg

lmao, just bout what i was gonna say....u have more time now, changed M&G to 22-23rd jan

Welded small tabs onto my jcroffroad stage 4 bumper to install Hella 500 off road lamps with 3k hid kit. I custom made the lights to accept the h3 hid bulbs and ran both ballast to relays and to a amber rocker switch in the cabin. A job I thought would only take 2-3 hours tops took all day. But Im happy! and they're super bright!

Can someone please tell me how to post pics Im new and nee a little help lol

Been fighting with the front flange nut on the tcase for about an hour now. Won't budge, but I can't really hold the flange still well enough to get decent grip on it. Didn't think about that before I took the case apart and gutted it. Its soaking in PB Blaster for a while until I figure out another way to secure it down.

Been fighting with the front flange nut on the tcase for about an hour now. Won't budge, but I can't really hold the flange still well enough to get decent grip on it. Didn't think about that before I took the case apart and gutted it. Its soaking in PB Blaster for a while until I figure out another way to secure it down.

Use two bolts..one in each side where the u-joint bolts to. Then use a pry bay--weave it in--if you will then use that to hold the yoke while you turn the yoke nut...

OR

bring it to a garage real check and have them zap it off....

Use two bolts..one in each side where the u-joint bolts to. Then use a pry bay--weave it in--if you will then use that to hold the yoke while you turn the yoke nut...

OR

bring it to a garage real check and have them zap it off....

Ended up getting a big ass pipe wrench, putting it on the bottom of the yoke, putting it on the floor with the wrench dug into the ground and crankin away. I love cheater bars and physics.

Tcase is completely taken apart now. Going to clean the case/housing off tomorrow so its nice and pretty. If I can find a machine shop open tomorrow, I'll have them cut, drill, and tap the main shaft because I really don't feel like dealing with that after all of this. I'll probably put all of the bearings and seals in place on Sunday.

Sunday and Monday are looking to be in the 30s so I probably won't be able to put the tcase in until next weekend. Oh how I wish I had a heated garage. If I had one to begin with, this would have been done a LONG time ago.

Still need to finish putting together the front driveshaft now that I remember...

Love spoiling my Jeep.

IMG_20110108_154108.jpg

Back