• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

bought them for the beadlocked wheel. tires came with them and yes there is good tread left. not too much, but some.

and there 10" wide wheel, could a run a 10.5 tire on them? it'd be cool to run 31's on them. that way they can be on my jeep is a few weeks.

I wouldnt run a 10.50 wide tire on them, I have some 33x12.50s for the MJ on some 10" wide wheels and look like fat on there!

Found a t-case on craigslist. Haven't wheeled my jeep since Rides of March 2009 with you guys. Going to put it back together, weld the tracbar mount to the steering backer plate I made and see what's there.

Hiding in the mountains... didn't even have time to look at naxja for the longest time. Then I got wrapped up in a local shooting sports forum, Their management got too tarded for me so I went to a spinoff site. The management there.... well it was a very small forum and it is the owners show there. I called him out on it, he thought I wanted it to be the goodburbon show, I walked away when he put language filters on the whole site. I Worked for the CDOC for a while, didn't have time to myself at all while there. bought a motorcycle to commute. Had to quit when they cut pay and increased insurance costs. Now I'm in the middle east making a few dollars and I'll get my jeep to make a comeback.

Bought a new one a few weeks ago

2hf89vm.jpg

Then lifted it 8 days later and put Moabs and a BB on it.

2mz9m41.jpg

Finally got around to adding a couple of leafs to my ridiculously saggy rear leaf springs. I got so much lift out of it that I had to take my lift shackles off, do a 3/4" tcase drop and I'm still getting some vibes from the driveline.

In progress:
6leaf.jpg

Stance this morning:
xjlift.jpg

It was a lot of work and parts sourcing. I'm not really sure it's worth the time over buying a pair of lift springs that will be the exact height that you want. The ride quality is decent, but firmer with the 6 leaf springs and poly bushings.

Back